Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 VR4 Tranny for sale. It has 60,000 miles and new syncros. The transfer case has been sold and is working perfectly. I also have the rear differential and CV shafts to go with it. It cost me 200.00 to ship from the Northeastern US to El Paso, TX.
I will take 700.00 + shipping or best offer.

I am also about to put it in the paper.

It is an 18 spline.

I replaced mine with a 25 spline so I do not need this anymore.

Pictures can be emailed by the end of every day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
hey whuttup im new to having my vr4 but what is the difference between a 18 and 25 spline tranny ? does it have anything to0 do with the gear ratio because i noticed my gears are really big and i dont like that i finish the quater half way thru 3rd. just wondering ...anyhow i cracked my tranny casing and im in need of a tranny umm just need to0 kno if u got what i need to do the swap .. thanks can u email me the pic by the way [email protected] :mitsu:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
923kgtvr4

The difference in the 18 and 25 spline is the output shaft is bigger on the 25 spline. This means the transfer case is different, the bell housing is different. The rest of the gears are the same.

I will email pics tomorrow pm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I am interested in the tranny...but I have to talk to my boyfriend first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jonesRT/TT said:
Can you hold it untill the first of december if so i am very interested hit me up at [email protected]
I can hold it but it is first come , first served. Should not be a problem though.
 

·
Big C
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
Mystic_Stealth said:
I am interested in the tranny...but I have to talk to my boyfriend first.
I don't think you're gonna need it... it's for an AWD tranny :rolleyes:

I PM'd you my inquiry... chances are i'm probably gonna have to get one from Kormex though 'cause people eat these things up like termites on a woodchip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
91vr4n00maxima said:
you mind checking on shipping to ZIP 96753?

if its reasonable i am interested.
Something seems wierd. The UPS site estimates at max from 79936 to 96753 at 150lbs would be less than 120.00 going Ground. I am not totally sure but that is what it came up with. Hope it helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VR4 Playa said:


I don't think you're gonna need it... it's for an AWD tranny :rolleyes:

I PM'd you my inquiry... chances are i'm probably gonna have to get one from Kormex though 'cause people eat these things up like termites on a woodchip
I PM'd you back. If you need anything more, just ask.

-David
 

·
Big C
Joined
·
1,511 Posts
91vr4n00maxima said:


hey asshole...its for me. thats my GFs SN.
yep, just like I said earlier, when there's a tranny for sale it brings out the best in us 3si people... it's like when there's a hot toy out for X-Mas and EVERYBODY wants it... the chaos that results from people trampling on each other just to get that toy... well I guess this is my "toy" for the season... too bad i'm probably still gonna have to be paying it off for a while.

well anyways, unless I can get hard evidence of the rebuild done on this tranny i'm gonna just have to go further in debt to get a guaranteed as well as WARANTEED Kormex tranny :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,548 Posts
VR4 Playa said:


yep, just like I said earlier, when there's a tranny for sale it brings out the best in us 3si people... it's like when there's a hot toy out for X-Mas and EVERYBODY wants it... the chaos that results from people trampling on each other just to get that toy... well I guess this is my "toy" for the season... too bad i'm probably still gonna have to be paying it off for a while.

well anyways, unless I can get hard evidence of the rebuild done on this tranny i'm gonna just have to go further in debt to get a guaranteed as well as WARANTEED Kormex tranny :rolleyes:

the only reason i said that was because of the way you replied to my GFs post assuming she wanted it for her NA.

as it goes now i may just rebuild this 1 or pick up a spare and rebuild that.

im still interested in this trans for sale though.....hopefully the shipping is correct.
 

·
pseudo individualism
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
1993

The 1993 has the 18 or the 25? Ive heard both?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jtvr4 - It came with one or the other.

923kgtvr4 - I will check on it and post back by this PM.

91vr4n00maxima - I will double check the shipping cost through their call center. I will PM you this evening.

vr4playa - hope it goes well for you. Thanks for looking.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top