Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 Stealth in excellent shape, except rear turbo needs to be rebuilt. Failure of bearing/seal. Interior is in good condition except for normal wear on drivers seat. 118k miles.
Here are some of the services done (all receipts)
Starter @ 82K
Tune up/svc 82K
A/C compressor 91K
Thermostat/sensor 93K
waterpump/timing belt 99K
Starter 105K
Clutch slave/hose 115K

Color is Pearl white, Very good condition small scratches but no dents. Clean Florida title $5000

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
92 Stealth RT/TT

BSwhetcel.. Please sen me an email so I can return it with pics.

ATTN Interior is Tan leather. Excellent condition except the driver seat which is not bad but it has the usual wear for 118K.
Air vents near windshield are cracked (aren't they all?)
Air box/batterybox all air tubes and radiator were removed by the previous owner. ALL harware and parts are accounted for. This car is ready for R/R of turbo. Front is now accesible with radiator off. Great time to do both.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey is it still for sale? i want it. i have the cash in hand now. i've been looking for a decent stealth for a while now and i'm ready to buy one. i live in indiana but i'd maybe meet ya half or maybe i'll just drive it all. email me at [email protected]

D

·
0 Posts
How much? The car is sweet. Tell me the $$$ and wele talk! :)

My AIM name is : Blinkboy950 or TwinTurboDS IM me on BBoy! :)

I bben looking for a []D [] []V[] []D Stealth like this one!

[email protected]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on 92 Stealth RT/TT. Pearl White w/ light tan leather int.
In addition to all of the service that is detailed above (amounting to more than $5500 in Chrysler recepts) The car is currently (11/29/01) in the shop having the turbos replaced with rebuilt units. New plugs (mitsu NGK), new wires(OEM), intake Pl gaskets/o-rings/exhaust gaskets and any other piece that needs to be replaced in a (2) turbo overhaul, per mitsu.
New oil, filter. New Transaxle oil/diff oil/transfer oil.
Good tires. New Brakes/rotors/pads/Brake fluid. New antifreeze, flush. Price is $10,000.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, There is only one "scratch that has been 'repaired'. Under the tail light on the bumper about 4 in long. I may paint the bumper . Just haven't gotten to it yet.
T

·
Registered
779 Posts
Does this car have a new trans in it...Or an engine rebuild? 10k for that many miles just isn't going to happen

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree. With the things that you are doing there is no way that the price should go up about 5,000. You would have to do a lot of shit to it and you are. but i added everything up and it shouldn't be that much. And even if all repairs added up to like 5k you can't just tack that into the price. car sales don't work like that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Decline

That was a huge jump in price.
I think I will exercise my right not to look further into this car.

ps ebay has a car for less money in really good shape and she lives near me.TTFN:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apologies to those mature enough to handle web boards or other public forums.

Wow, I thought that this site was a real good tool for buying and selling cars and parts. Apparently, Mike hoffa , huff2001and big Daddy feel it is imperative that they give the rest of us their opinion on others cars, namely mine. If you are interested in the car and think the price is too high, make an offer. If we agree on a price, we do business. If not, you go on your way, I'll go mine. It is clear to me Big daddy and mikehoffa work in tandem see http://209.58.199.225/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=440937#post440937
to see another poor soul that was trying to sell a 92 RT/TT. What's up guys? You have nothing better to do? Apparently you are interested only in deriding others vehicles that you have no intent to purchase. You diminish the value of this web site by making petty judgements to vehicles you have never seen or driven. Comments made in these forums are seen by many. It would be wise for you to consider what you put in print. If you wish to further discuss this , I am available at 407-469-3641 to clear any confusion that you may have.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm sorry guy
Please don't be offended by my comments, I guess I'm still emotionally scared from my last stealth that was wrecked not to long ago. as I'm still affected by the dealings of the insurance companys.
Please accept my apology.:D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ahhh, nevermind..I originally typed some other stuff, but it's pointless to argue with someone who you were trying to help and keep them informed. I WAS interested in your car, probably how the two other guys were, until they saw the price go up like that. Just letting you know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mike all you have to do is make an offer. At 10,000 I am telling you that if there is a problem with the tranny/motor/turbos I am standing behind it. Always have. Been doing business on the web since 94. If you think that you can find as nice a car with all the records and proof that all that wervice has been done. AND the guy stands behind it. I would say you are a fool to NOT buy it.
i have owned an RT/TT since 93, I service/repair/modify Stealth MR2 Turbos and build GSX-R race bikes and customs. See, you need do your research,by question and answers to really be able to make an assessment of a piece of machinery and those that have serviced it.
Big Daddy you are a man, thanks for understanding my position. Mike, if you wish to 'help me out' as you say, how about a personal email and not a public ass bearing? what would you like to inform me about these cars?
Tranny rebuild 1750 from Kormex
Drive shaft 91 ($1450) Mitsu
Tranny from Mitsu $3800 (rebuilt)
I know exactly how expensive these cars are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, i'm not going to apologize for what I said. I was very interested in your car but not when i saw a price jump like that. It's fine if you want to ask for that amount i asked a little too much when i sold my stealth and was ridiculed for it. So i took all of that into consideration and lowered the price. I feel you should prolly do the same for your benefit not mine. Anything past what you were originally asking is out of my reach therefore coming from someone that's been in the game a little longer than you i was just trying to help out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mike exactly what game have you been in longer? I am interested in your opinion, but NOT in the way in which you are trying to express yourself. Again, tell me what I need to know about these cars. Especially buying one that is as maintained as this?
What is your background? What do you do for a living?
I have been very up front on what I do. Your turn

·
Registered
779 Posts
That last dude, I dunno if you're talking about his post or not when you mentioned games and such..He seems pretty hostile.. But anyways,

Well when someone comes onto the board with posts as low as you have, a lot of people will tell them straight facts about what could, or could not happen in their sale. Because we don't know your background or anything about the car except what has been told to us. But, as you have now shown, you do know that these cars are expensive, and the trannies do go bad. A lot of people come to this board to specifically sell their 3/s car, when they don't really know much about them. I was just trying to tell you that a lot of people would look skeptically on a car at that price for that many miles. Then again, some people might want it. But shit, if you really do know your stuff about stealths and such, and if it's been maintened very well and never been ragged on, it might be a good deal. But generally speaking...that many miles on a stock tranny will scare some people away. Most people, generally speaking again, will see 110k+ miles + stock tranny = not good. I have no problems with you at all...If you understand where I'm coming from, I was just trying to help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Then we are cool. I have no problem with your opinions, nor your right to express it. It was an unfair assessment of my vehicle and I wanted to lset the record straight.I will accept your explanation as an admital that you see my point of view. I appreciate the opportunity to express my concerns. This is an excellent forum for support of these cars. I also do mods to MR2 Turbo's and such. The MR2 site is an excellent source as well. Lets keep this forum constructive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts