Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was orignally white but now has a custom black metallic paint job (not in great shape).

The back bumper has a pretty nice sized paint chip in it near the licence plate (frisbe size). Front bumper has a spot where the paint unstuck and has a bubble about the size of your middle finger.

The bodys in great condition though with no dents or dings. It just needs a fresh coat of paint in about 4 spots.

we've changed:

Oil w/ filter (with the engine cleaner you substitute 1 quart for)
Air filter (k&n)
MAS
PCV valve
Plugs (champ coppers)
Wires
Fuel Filter
Fuel Rail
cleaned injectors
seafoamed it
etc..

Basically gave the car a nice tune up.

The car will start and idle with decent oil pressure. Engine sounds good with no lifter tick or any other problem sounds. Right now the transmission will not come out of 3rd gear (automatic) I have no idea what is causing this but this is about the only problem. The car WILL drive. I drove it on the highway at 80mph to the mechanic with no problems other than me sitting at 4krpms in 3rd gear.

The interior is in pretty good condition other than some rips in the drivers seat (leather). The climate control works (could use a charge), cd player and am/fm radio work fine, speakers sound decent (infinity), etc..

The mechanics here arent the brightest bunch around.. they basically refused to work on the car because it was too 'complicated'. I don't have the time or money anymore to do anything with it.. this comes to why i'm letting it go.

Reason for selling is i really need the money. I think the maximum cost to fix the car would be around $1000. Thats MAX. With the car i'll go ahead and thrown in all my old auto transmission from my 96 3000gt. With these parts you should just be able to give them to the mechanic and have them swap some things. I'm not sure.

The car has 130k miles on it. DOHC engine, almost all options (no sunroof), etc.. Engine sounds good, handles nice, decent brakes (probably needs new pads), etc.. Clean title - etc.. etc.. etc..

I don't have any pics but just imagine a black r/t with a frisbe size paint chip on the back. Infact.. i'll even throw in primer to paint the thing if you want.

The $3500 is firm. I'm in college station, tx if you want to come look at it. My number is 979-324-8134 (cell). My e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected] . I've started to check my pm's everyday so you can send me one of those too.

I really need to sell fast and i'm not bs'ing about anything on the car. Give this car about $500-$1000 and you'll have a very nice stealth r/t.

·
-
6,794 Posts
I own the same car, '92 Stealth R/T FWD Auto. :D This is a great deal for someone. If I understand correctly, you are throwing in another working auto trans out of your '96 3KGT right? How many miles does the car have?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TajMan_17 said:
I own the same car, '92 Stealth R/T FWD Auto. :D This is a great deal for someone. If I understand correctly, you are throwing in another working auto trans out of your '96 3KGT right? How many miles does the car have?
I think the clutch is dead in the 3000gt auto trans but thats it.

anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts