Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
92 Sandstone Grey VR-4, will build to order

92 Sandstone Grey VR-4

the car is VERY nice, but has a rod knock 89K miles car is 100% stock now, but can build it how ever you want...

1 idea was

new motor
stage 2 heads
stillen intake
new Timing belt (with all the fixings)
new oil pump
new oil lines, gaskets ect ect
RPS MAX street disk clutch

$12,000

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
No one's stolen this yet matt?

To anyone debating this... it's an AWESOME deal. That's less than I paid for my 93 with more miles on it and no stage 2 heads or fresh rebuild.
Matt what would you give me for a used 93 VR-4 with 109K miles on it? ;)
LOL I wish I could jump on this offer, unfortunatley I just can't right now...
I CAN tell everyone that I rode in Powelsounds new DR built sandstone grey 92 VR-4 and the extra mods not withstanding, that car was incredible. I've been in cars running more boost with simmilarly sized turbos and that thing is just sick... It pulls and pulls and pulls... I can't really describe it. But it FEELS like those heads flow better. The power band was smoother and held all the way to redline... And that's not to even mention it sounded like a freaking jet! :D

·
glows green
1,054 Posts
do you think you will be doing this very often because that is almost exactly what i am looking for but a few months too early for it.

you even have the color right.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Re: 92 Sandstone Grey VR-4, will build to order

SnakeSkinner said:
92 Sandstone Grey VR-4

the car is VERY nice, but has a rod knock 89K miles car is 100% stock now, but can build it how ever you want...

1 idea was

new motor
stage 2 heads
stillen intake
new Timing belt (with all the fixings)
new oil pump
new oil lines, gaskets ect ect
RPS MAX street disk clutch

$12,000
Would you trade for my ES and a night out at the OP?

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
I had my car 'built to order' by Matt and I absolutely couldn't be happier. Working with Matt was, and still is an absolute pleasure. He does incredible work. Anyone that has seen my car can vouch for it as VR4_Owner did.

I picked this car up for Matt and I can vouch for it's condition. It is very clean. The interior is absolutely mint. The seats look like they've never been sat it. It has a brand new tranny with less than 10k miles. It's an excellent car and Matt can build it from mild to wild. :cool:

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
How much are we talking for something along the lines of Powelsounds car?
dr650r's, all supporting fuel management and delivery, full atr exhaust.

Now that I think about it, how much for one just like Powelsounds, that car is set up as close to perfect as I've seen in a while.:cool:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
jandoaudio said:

Now that I think about it, how much for one just like Powelsounds, that car is set up as close to perfect as I've seen in a while.:cool:
Do the words "First Born" mean anything to you? ;)

·
former 3s owner :**
2,561 Posts
VR-4_Owner said:

Do the words "First Born" mean anything to you? ;)
hahaha ;)

matt- wish you were closer. :( id love to have you check out my car and tell me what you think of some of the stuff on it, as a whole...

how much would all of that work and parts be (minus the rebuilding of the motor) normally?.....

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
jandoaudio said:

$26K give or take...

that was with clutch, flywheel, new mitsu short block, stage 2 heads, ARC-2 with big mas, injectors, exhaust, guages, ect ect ect

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Powelsound - what color did you use to paint your rims. Looks like a damn good match.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
neophytal said:

hahaha ;)

matt- wish you were closer. :( id love to have you check out my car and tell me what you think of some of the stuff on it, as a whole...

how much would all of that work and parts be (minus the rebuilding of the motor) normally?.....

all what work?

·
Trogdor strikes again!
2,319 Posts
Holy crap you are kidding me...I think I dropped a load in my pants. I don't suppose you would take another car (say my car) to build up and sell and some cash, eh? :evillaugh

·
glows green
1,054 Posts
snakeskinner, clean out your inbox please:D

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
I wouldn't normally suggest copying anyones car, I personally bought my stealth primarily for performance but partly because its a fairly rare car near me, in other words originallity:) The only problem is that Powelsounds new baby is almost the exact car that I, along with many others I imagine, consider to be the ideal vr4....sandstone grey metallic, dr650r's, and all the supporting mods. I must agree, I wouldn't want anyone to have a car identical to mine either (except that I have a stock black 91 rt/tt, therefore there are a couple hundred of us:D ) I was just curious what it would cost, I was thinking of trading up for a newer stealth or vr4 and a Dynamic Racing built car is very appealing because you know it was built right. I completely understand not wanting the car to be identical, and after finding out the price of a full blown Dynamic car I am thinking that a gradual buildup is more likely anyways:) Didn't mean to step on any toes.
Clayton

Forgot to mention, for 26k that has to be the most car you can get. It's an incredible car for the money:cool:

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
I think the total worked out to be $25,731. That included the car, all the mods in my sig, new factory shortblock, all trimmings, new tranny and transfercase, tires, delivery etc. etc. etc... :)

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
WARdriver said:
Powelsound, if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the car before all the mods?

I think 6k

1 - 20 of 59 Posts