Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has leather, power everything, cd/cass., 63,000 original miles, but no service records....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Can purchase a 3 year/**** mile warranty for an extra $375. Also looking to possibly trade in my 93 RT/NA which is also fully loaded and has 98,000 miles on it, how much do you think i'll get for this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First off...take a look for overspray.... make sure the body panels align...this will clue you into any collisions it has been in....take it to a third party mitsu dealer and have them do a buyer's inspection with compression test.....as for the warranty....price seems a bit low...double check it...and figure out who they are offering it through....check to see all the details onit....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, what is overspray? And i wanted to try and research it but I'm not sure how. If i have no proof of a 60k service i won't pay more then $10k. Do I need the VIN # to do that title search? And who do I contact to do it?
Thanks,
Derrick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
go to carfax.com to do the title search and yes you need the VIN number for it. but trust me its worth it. Not that anyone cares but I'm happy about I may also be getting rid of my NA car in a week or two here and upgrading to a 94 Stealth TT. I cant wait!! Oh yeah its got 68k on it and I'm only paying 10,900 as well. lucky me huh?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Derrick,

Overspray is a telltale film of extra paint after body work is done.
Also, if you can't verify the 60k service, you'll need to at least replace the timing belt right away. Good luck.
-David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well just ran it through Carfax and it didn't register in any of the major problem areas(salvage, rebuilt, etc.). Says no reported mileage rollback. It did say had it's title or registration issued 5 times. Two in New York, two in New Jersey, and one in Florida. The odometer reading was recorded 9/11/99 at 63,915. So does this look good or what. Just wanted to get some opinions. Also do you think it would be easier to refinance through the bank i have my current loan through for a few more thousand? Well if i am convinced this is a good deal i will probably be off to see it Friday. Thanks for your help so far and for anymore that i might get.

Derrick

·
Registered
653 Posts
Derrick,

The price sounds reasonable to me as long as it doesn't need anything major and looks to be in good shape. Make sure when you test drive it you pay attention to the feel of the shifter for excessive notchiness. If any pulsating can be felt in the brake pedal you'll need new rotors. New tires will set you back at least $800 for good ones. Go over the car with a fine tooth comb and if you want it use everything you find wrong with it as negotiating point to get the price lower. I got my '91 for $7,100 but it needed 60k service, rotors, tires, and a tranny and the mileage was higher (91k). Found out later that the rear turbo was bad, too. Watch carefully for blue smoke on your test drive which could indicate a bad turbo.

Also, where you planning to remove your hitch before trading your car in? If so, I'm still interested.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
oooh! A hitch. Got a part number? Need one for the boat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.