Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I want to first thank you in advance. Secondly, I've been going through all pages and search queries trying to find my answer to no avail. 1, 2, and 3 links here did help, but couldn't confirm my last question.

Short story, my rear o2 sensor has been cut and spliced. I've gotten both new NTK o2 sensors to replace them. Front one is done, rear one needs help. Now, I don't care if my current setup is wrong, I would like the correct colors for the NTK and info on the cut wire.

Long story, I want to confirm the color if anyone is willing to check theirs out or already have the colors. I am almost certain most of the people here run good quality stuff so I hope someone already has the NTK sensors and can verify the colors for me.

Here is what it currently looks like and I am almost 100% it's been wired wrong. The only thing I am not sure of is the cut/frayed wire you can see below the red wire. It doesn't look like it goes anywhere... however poking around and I do see a grounding wire looking exactly the same going from the rear of my plenum to ground on my firewall.

1 black ==> yellow
2nd black ==> black
1 white ==> green
1 red ==> black
1 ribbon ==> CUT/FRAYED
2.jpg

1.jpg

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
Were there no instructions included with designations? The black wires are probably for the heater, so you just need to determine which is signal and ground between yellow and green (awkward ass colors...)

Oxygen Sensor Replacement in the DOHC Mitsubishi 3000GT and Dodge Stealth by Jeff Lucius <<
The third link mentioned is for older NGK / NTK universal replacements, so the colors are obviously different.

Any reason for not going with direct-fit e.g. Denso or the Bosch universal?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't aware of denso at the time of ordering. I usually never order oe parts and have heard nothing but good things about NTK from here actually and I have used them before in my previous cars without issues. I've never had any luck with Bosch o2 sensors.

Will there be any issues you guys can think of if polarity is wrong? Don't want to fry the ecu or anything along those lines.

I was pondering about stuffing the o2 into the exhaust pipe and letting it heat up and put a volt meter to determine the signal wire. Not sure if it would work...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts