Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to settle my debts, and start my life over somewhat....

selling my pride and joy;

1992 Fiji Blue VR4
-137k miles, BUT, new rod bearings, carefully installed, no lifter tick, slight valve tap (Worn Valve guide)
- 5k miles on a Kormex 25 Spline Tranny
- four practically new Kumho tires (95% tread)
- Konig Tantrums (17")
- Ground Control Adjustable Coilovers
- Greddy ProfecA Tuned to 13.5 psi
- HKS Super Sequential BOV
- K&N Air filter
- Autometer Boost Gauge Custom installed
- Test pipe, no precats
- working Active Aero spoiler! (LOL)
- indiglo gauges, along with neon interior accent lighting (subtle, not obnoxious lighting; ask anyone that's seen my car)
- Interior in great shape
- Exterior paint in good shape, except for front bumper cover, has some scrapes; ~$500 repair

So, that's the jist of it. Make me REALISITIC offers via PM or Email. ([email protected])

I live in Northeast Pennsylvania. Local pickup/delivery arrangements possible, up to and including Philadelphia area and Northern NJ areas.

*sigh*

:(

Sad to see it go, but it's time to take some responsibility for other things, if I'm going to settle down and all....

Elton

·
Unforeseen dichotomy.
1,393 Posts
Elton may not be here right now, but I'm pretty sure his answer would be that he's looking to get $8500-$9000ish, and he needs all the money to pay off the loan, so a trade is probably not an option. Though, if I'm wrong he'll correct me :p.

·
Unforeseen dichotomy.
1,393 Posts
I've never seen the car in person, but I've know Elton for about a year, and if he says its in the condition it is, it is.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok,

some Emails have come in, and posed some very important things that I forgot to mention in my general state of depression when I started my post....

The FULL 60K was done at 125k mile mark, the DAY I bought the car. This includes all new everything; Tbelt, Acc. Belt, PS Belt, Tensioner, Idler pulleys, wires, stock plugs (which have since been gapped down to .0375 for higher boost levels)

I am working on pics, and will post them on my webshots account (and a link here consequently) It just snowed 4" last night, and another 5 are falling as I type this, so I have to clean the car off, and pull it into a clear area to take the pics. Don't mind the snow. LOL

Jason (AbsurdParadox) is correct, I am looking to get around 9000, but it is a neogotiable price, based on how simple you make the sale happen. ex: if I have to ship the car, (really against that, I want to meet the buyer to be sure this will go to a good home. I might even want visitation rights! LOL) or if I have to travel to close the deal, etc. price will not be as flexible.

Part of the price is to pay off the car loan, however, part of it is for hours of careful labor I've put into the car, the mods I've carefully installed so they'd look professional (I hate 'sloppy install jobs') and obviously, the mods I've done to the car. With that said, for those that asked about the mods, such as wheels, BOV, etc, NO, sorry, I am not willing to split it. The car is tuned perfectly right now, and I don't want to muss with it. It pulls like a freight train on a brisk morning, but it's still rich enough to be well in the safe zone on a/f ratio throughout the entire RPM range.

I 'may' flex as much as 1000, if the cash is in my hand in the next week or so... but that's not set in stone.

As I said, pics will be on the way before the end of the week. If anyone wants references, I can link them to many members of this board that know me online, and in person also. (Jason knows what my word is like... ask him about the transmission ordeal on Cotmfk's car)

Elton.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words Kujax... I hope so too. This car deserves a good home.

For those following this, Here is where the pics will be.

I've copied some of my older pics from throughout this year to that folder, so you can start to get an idea of how the car looks.

In honesty, I have also showed a pic that I took of the scrapes on the front bumper, so you know how it looks there. You'll see that they're pretty insignificant, and in truth, people don't really see them until I tell them to look. It's THAT minor.

When I get more pics thrown in tonight, or tomorrow, I will post a reply to check this folder again.

http://community.webshots.com/album/38770155GOoIaf

Elton

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump (for night crowd)

E.

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
I'm gonna have to hurt you I think :(
Elton, gimme a buzz this weekend if you get a chance. (I lost your number! :( )

I'll put my support behind Elton, his car is exactly what he says it is and definately a worthy VR-4.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Damn...I wish I was in a better position right now. I'd buy that car off you tomorrow if I could :(

If anyone has any doubts about Elton, I can tell you he truely loves this car. I know that it has been cared for to the best of his abilities. I would purchase it myself if there was any possible way for me to do so.

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
Gatecrasher said:
Damn...I wish I was in a better position right now. I'd buy that car off you tomorrow if I could :(

If anyone has any doubts about Elton, I can tell you he truely loves this car. I know that it has been cared for to the best of his abilities. I would purchase it myself if there was any possible way for me to do so.

Same here for anyone who has the money this car is a good find and a good buy.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well, after spending 2 hours pulling the car out of the driveway, knocking the 13" :eek:!! of snow off the entire car (it's sat since the snow storm; 4 hours of shoveling prevented me from getting to the car that night) I go to find that my digital camera isn't working... JOY.

The rechargeable batteries finally died. And, as some of you know, I haven't had a charger for it for months now, got lost shortly after OC ECG 02 in May...

SO, I cannot provide online photos today as promised. I will however take requests for what angles and items you all want pictures of, rather than me taking random shots all over the place.

Post the requested angle and items here; it'll provide me a central place to use as a checklist.

I anticipate getting the charger early next week, and having my camera back at that point.

Some more email's came in, and asked pertinent questions, so...
I've owned the car for a little over a year, about 15 months.

Yes, the clutch was replaced with stock clutch disc, pressure plate, TOB, and flywheel when the trans was replaced. This was roughly at 129K miles.

The turbos are functioning fine, not problems, no lag. (Peppy!) The previous owner before me only cruised in the car, never drove hard (he was a pretty boy; didn't like speed) and the original owner was an old fart, that bought it to drive around town and to his country club. (I actually got to meet him, it was a friend of the previous owner) So, I essentially was the first person to really put any use on the turbos, and since I don't believe in 1/4's or dragging or launching, I haven't really pounded on them either.

Other than the Front Bumper scrapes, there are no major cosmetic flaws. It's 'LESS THAN typical' 10 year old wear. I believe the car was repainted a few years ago, but unless you scrutinize, it's damn near hard to tell. Everyone that has seen this car loves the color.

Elton

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I can vouch for the car's mechanical ability and Elton's obsession? for keeping it up to snuff. GZP did the 120k service along with 2 transmissions and a clutch. The 1st tranny was bad from the get-go from Kormex, but we won't get into that story :). The car is in damn good condition and I hope to see it go to a great home. I would buy it if I could :). Hell, I remember Elton getting the car towed 1/4 mile to his house because he thought something was wrong... now if that isn't being paranoid, I dunno what is :D. I think that tow truck driver is now Elton's best friend or worst enemy... I'm not sure... LOL.

Good luck with the sale bro. I'll keep ya posted if I find someone. There have been a few people down at my garage looking to buy a VR4.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You guys are all so great. It really shows me what my participation in this board has meant, when people I barely knew a year ago are willing to vouch for me and my car.

Thank you all so much.

I will get the pleasure of cleaning the snow off the car (AGAIN!) tonight, since it snowed yesterday evening.

If all goes well, I'll have my friends digital Camera later on today.

Thanks again guys.

Elton

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, some of you may know that I got the camera running, as I used it to build a few images for a post in the other forum. (see General 3Si forum)

I won't be able to take car pics until sunday at least though, as it's raining like crazy here, and is exected to throughout the weekend. ( http://www.weather.com ; Look at the coverage over Pennsylvania)

I promise I will get the car cleaned off, and pics snapped as soon as the weather gives.

Elton

1 - 20 of 38 Posts