Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Verified Seller
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What’s up Vince! I got the name marauder from a rap group called A Tribe Called Quest. But I have seen the Mercury Marauder before lol.

I think I’m going to pull the 2 bolt out of my car and send that to Merkel for the rebuild.

I spoke to Derek at 3SX and he recommended I go that route considering I’m only shooting for 500whp.

·
Registered
91 VR4 wish scissors BBK wheels and tint
155 Posts
What’s up Vince! I got the name marauder from a rap group called A Tribe Called Quest. But I have seen the Mercury Marauder before lol.

I think I’m going to pull the 2 bolt out of my car and send that to Merkel for the rebuild.

I spoke to Derek at 3SX and he recommended I go that route considering I’m only shooting for 500whp.
While I admit that I'm not as knowledgeable as some on the board I thought over 450 was dangerous on a 2 bolt?

I plan on doing a mild build to mine as well, but I'm limiting myself to safe 91 octane builds

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Verified Seller
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The 2 bolt can handle 500whp from what I have seen and been told.

Just got off the phone with Dave who works with Ray Pampena, we are getting the ball rolling on building a 2 bolt, gathering parts, and getting the car shipped to him to have it put together.

·
One fix at a time
7,989 Posts
The 2-bolt block can handle a lot of power until the crank pushes away from the block. Install the 3SX ARP girdle kit and you’ll be good well above the 700-750wtq it pushes but at that point you’ll bend a forged crank. Install a forged 93-99 crank into a 2-bolt and it’ll handle just about anything you can throw at it with most bolt on TD04 and TD05 turbos given forged pistons and rods.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts