Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, I'm back trying to sell my baby. I only have 4 days of work left, and have become desperate here. Most of you have read my original post, found here:

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50602

But if not, it has a discription of the car and pictures. I'm simply going to leave it up now at who ever makes me the best offer gets the car. I simply can no longer afford it without a job, and being college is coming up, I want my baby to have a good home.

The price has gone from 16k, to 15k, to 14k, to 13,500. Now I simply say who ever makes the best offer gets it. No offers under 10K will be accepted though.

Email [email protected] for more info for to place an offer!

Thanks guys-
Ryan

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think your price is to blame

Sounds like a great car so I've been surprised by the lack of interest until I ran the book value.

I did a KBB report and in excellent condition I come out with a private party sale price of $10,545 and a trade in value of $8,375. The new tranny and maintenance really don't add anything to the KBB price, it's assumed in the rating of "excellent". From the KBB:

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

If you need to sell it quickly, I'm not sure it's realistic to expect to even get full private party value much less more! I would think you should be happy somewhere in the middle of private party and trade in (especially since my experience has shown that older sports car trade in offers end up several $ less then the KBB even says)

Just MHO. Hope it helps at little.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. Last time I ran a KBB on the car, I got 12,500 as my price. And that was only a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure how you got 10K. I'll try it again and see if it's changed at all.

Ryan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interested

Im willing to drive down and take a look at it...

How many miles on the odometer now? What was modified in the tranny?

Im in Seattle, work at microsoft, willing to take a look anytime.

Thanks!

Alex
[email protected]
DravisAR on AIM/AOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where's my damn VR4?

I'm definately interested. Drop me a mail at mailto:[email protected] so we can talk. Is there a military discount?:D

Has anybody seen my damn car?:confused:

Wait I don't have a car!:mad:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Odo reading is just below 52000 right now. It's pretty much garaged for the winter because I dont have the money to drive it. I'll drop you guys an email and see if you're still interested!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts