Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have gotten my new car there have been alot of people at school thinking and saying how slow it is. ( mostly kids on my schools drag team) One of then has a 90 talon turbo, but not the AWD. He says he runs 14.8 (and I have sceen him at the track get a 14.9 so I know his time is true, )so once I heard that I thought he was joking with me. But soon he goes into all the stuff he has done to his car like the normal, intake, exhaust, and some other stuff. So now I know he is serious about thinking his 14.8 talon can not only beet me, but embarass me haha. I guess that is the only way for him to realize he is wrong is to race. I Got my Race on a Friday night on my way to Jack In The Box. At first I was joking arround saying " hey there is that kid that wants to race me. It turns out that it really was him. So we were waiting for the light to turn green, and I was thinking to myself " god I better win. Right when the light hits green I launched off the line ( about 4000rpm) He never even had a chance, it was not even funny. So then I slowed down and he told me I was the first person to beet him that bad . Then we raced from about a 30-40mph roll and we kept even for about 5 seconds then I started pulling a bit on him. So now I am pretty confident that I could run high 13's b/c his 14.8 second Talon was no match.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Great kill! :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sounds like somebody didn't know that a stock 3/S will run low 14s on its worst day. Good job!

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Love how peoples just BS so much eventhough they don't know what the other car is packing under the hood. These are the peoples that will going to find out the hard way by getting their asses spank hard:D As for me, race first and talk later:)

Black94VR4

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Black94VR4: I agree with you when you say race first and talk later. But damn if i had your car i would talk shit all the time and win all the time and talk some more shit afterwards, :D j/k but your car sounds bad ass.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah , Black94VR4 that is a sweet ass car. Have you taken it to the track ?

·
Jack Stand Driver
978 Posts
I love it!

I love to here people like that getting their asses handed to them and shutting their narrow minds up! HAHA good kill!

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Yes, I did took it to the track and hoping some 11s run at Maple Grove Racepark. Unfortunately, I could only raced one time and my transmission broke (towed the car home). I had a hard time shifted into 2nd and 3rd (1st gear shift fork broke in half); therefore, I end up w/ a horrible time of 13.4s/110mph. The transmission is being rebuild for the past 2 weeks in a nearby shop and the parts ordered from Kormex transmission co.. Hopefully, I will get my baby back tomorrow. But I shall be back aiming for the 11s w/ race gas and @23psi. As long as my car holds up, I should be fine. And after I get into the 11s, I'll baby her and drive like a granny :D

The reason I don' talk trash, b/c it's better to race w/o knowing who has what under the hood. After the race, pop up the hood and oohhhh ahhhhh. WOW, didn't know a 3000GT can be that fast. Ahhhhh, I love the expressions on their faces.

Black94VR4

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn that must suck, well good luck when you get your car fixed

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Got my transmission rebuilt and my car is back as new. Time to look for revenge after 2 weeks driving my old slow ass mobile:D. But I need to baby her, can't afford any transmission for a long time.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah transmissions sucks. I'm on my 3rd one now. 1st one died while I was autocrossing, just popped out of 2nd gear and that was it. All that was left after that was 3rd, 4th, 5th and reverse. Try taking off on a hill in 3rd gear, not fun. Oh yeah, and that happened at 36,653 miles. Luckily the dealer replaced it for free anyways. The next one blew at 42,000 miles. I was just cruising in 5th at 70 and BOOM something came loose inside and blew a hole in the casing which in turn blew fluid all over the exhaust manifold and coated the whole ass end of my car in tranny fluid. Put on a damn good smoke show though, looked like something off of a James Bond movie. Funny thing with that one was that I still had all the gears, and the car would run fine. But I figured it would be best to show the dealer that I did have the car towed just incase they harrassed me this time; since it had only been 6,000 miles since the last tranny died.

May the tranny Gods be with you,

Jason

·
Registered
291 Posts
LOL.. good to know you put him in he's place. From he's times sounds like he was running preaty close to stock.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I asked him at school what he had and the only thing he said was that he had a stage one turbo upgrade, what ever that is for talons I dont know

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wicked91RT said:
Well I asked him at school what he had and the only thing he said was that he had a stage one turbo upgrade, what ever that is for talons I dont know
Sounds like a ricer. "Stage 1" LOL.. :)

A stock GS-T should almost run a 14.9. With a boost controller only it'd easily run that, traction limited of course.

The stock turbo is good for 12s on a 1G. On a 2G (the big fat arsed ones ;)) it'd still be a good 13 second car.

Nice job showing him the ropes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts