Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need information on W5MG1 5-speed Awd transmission. Have lost reverse,all forward gears seem ok,no movement on tachometer when reverse is engaged. How similar is this trans. to the F5M33? Where can I find a service manual or publication for repair with parts breakdown diagram for this trans.? I have a manual for the car showing the F5M33 in great detail,but it doesn't go into detail for the the W5MG1. Am able to get parts needed at junkyard for repair but need info. on details inside. Have searched several libraries but came up a blank

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
It is a Getrag built transmission and won't be found in any Mitsubishi service manual. You can get new parts from a company called CRS. If you do a search you should pull up some information. I believe I also saw some diagrams of the transmission as well. The transmissions really aren't that complex compared to other manual transmissions. If you have mechanical experience with other manual transmissions it shouldn't really be a problem for you to repair it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul,thanks again for the info,sorry for such an extremely late response. The reverse problem was the reverse gear being bad and nothing else wrong with the trans. My brother-in-law and myself took the trans. out and apart with the diagrams now available on the net and repaired it with no problem. Car is running pretty well now ,have also sent the computer to AvPro, was returned in 3-4 days fixed after cap's were found to be leaking. Note this car was sitting for approx. 3 yrs. with only infrequent starting and running. Am currently looking for a good reliable place to have car checked out for suspension electronics and overall checkup in York,PA.area. MUST be very familiar with these cars, if you could refer anyone in the area.Thanks again,Greg

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
I'd say three years later is indeed a late response...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts