Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys, my question is: somebody here did a swap from 1G engine with CAS on 93+ with Crank and CAS Connector and Wiring CAS, and this mode work normal good or excellent? I know about the latency I read a lot. but I wanna know if someone this wiring mod with other engine perfect or good.

I got a complicate situation with my ''new 91 JDM engine '' still not is stable like jerk , is the same Symptom wen the CAS is bad, loss power and acceleration, strong smell fuel,

New CAS angle sensor
new Body trotter seal , and clean
New sensor TPS
New IAC
New MASS sensor
New seal intake
I check the Vacuum hose
I got JDM ECU rebuild installed
new Temperature engine sensor

and still keep like misfire , Gas Rich and loss power .. help me please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey man, how did this go for you? I’m currently trying to put a 91 engine and trans into a 93 car and I’ve been swapping out a lot of trans wiring and parts so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, now after 3 years, I know a lot about this engine, depend if is a DJM 91 Turbo you need change the precat add the VR4 precat because you need add the 2 ( 2O Sensor ) the VR4 precat have the hole for add the sensor, ( the JDM precacat NO) other thing is if 93 model is the 4bolt version this one not use CAS sensor you can wiring or cut wiris , ther a diagram for do, but for me and the information I research this way have latency, so I chance the complete wires set for the engine just for this plug. ( CAS PLUG ) in the 91, 92, and early models of 93.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well, now after 3 years, I know a lot about this engine, depend if is a DJM 91 Turbo you need change the precat add the VR4 precat because you need add the 2 ( 2O Sensor ) the VR4 precat have the hole for add the sensor, ( the JDM precacat NO) other thing is if 93 model is the 4bolt version this one not use CAS sensor you can wiring or cut wiris , ther a diagram for do, but for me and the information I research this way have latency, so I chance the complete wires set for the engine just for this plug. ( CAS PLUG ) in the 91, 92, and early models of 93.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, thanks for replying. I have a non turbo DOHC I have heard the same things about the latency with the CAS that can effect timing a bit at high RPMs, so if you get updated wiring for the CAS you found out it works pretty well? I have another head that is a late 93 that I could put on with the 93 CAS but I was just trying to keep the timing belt on and not redo it if I didn’t have to. I am also putting a 91 trans into the car but have found the connections were different as well and have been trying to see if I can switch out all the connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts