Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ,

I've got a 91 ES with an automatic tranny that needs to be rebuilt. If I can sell enough $$$s in parts off of it then I'll part it out. The car can also be bought as is if anyone is interested in it. I still owe $2660 on it and want to get something near that for parts or for the car.

There is very little wrong with the car other than the tranny. It has 110k mile, rear wing, and rear wiper. Other than that I think everything is standard stuff for an ES (power windows, locks, mirrors, 6 speaker non-CD radio, manual AC/heat, charcoal clothe seats). The car is marron.

Again, I may not part it out if I can't get enough stuff sold quickly. I need to sell close to $2000 off of it and have $1500 in hand before I will start dismantling the car.

I prefer email ([email protected]) but you can also post here and I'll try to check daily or more often. When you are asking about a part please include an offer, and a good description of what the part looks like as well as what it's called. I've taken another stealth apart (cracked heads at 197,000) and parted it out so I know what a lot of the stuff is called, but it saves time if you just assume that I'm an idiot who knows nothing about these cars.

I'm located in southern Indiana if you want to check into shipping costs. However I was usually willing to meet people 1/2 way between my home and theirs for the cost of my gas when I sold expensive parts off my other stealth.

Again I want to say that if I can't sell enough stuff off the car then I won't part it out, but if I can sell the bumpers, engine and maybe a door panel or two I should be all set.

Thanks

Tim McClellan

ps I have a few more pictures that I can email to people who want them. The car is currently at the shop, but if anyone needs pictures of a particular item I can swing by and take them as well.

Attachments

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
If you are parting it out, then why is it at the shop?
Just wondering.

-Jeff

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's at the shop because...

I took it in to have it diagnosed when the tranny died on me. I was hoping it would be a computer problem and not a problem with the transmission itself. If I can't sell enough parts off of it then I'll get a used transmission and put in it instead of rebuilding the one that currently has a cracked torque converter. It's a bit of a pain to haul it to and from the shop so I'll leave it there until I make the decision to part it out or to fix it. I have 0 mobility in the car as is. I have to put it on a trailer to move it.

Tim

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Cracked torque converter?

Hey Tim

What was the symtoms before the transmission failed? Mine jerked a couple of times at highway speeds and then lost reverse when I stopped at the gas station. I managed to crawl home at about 30 MPH for about 5 miles and haven't driven it since. I'm assuming its a shattered gear from accident damage. If the torque converters are the same on 91 and 94 DOHC autos, I'd be happy to sell you mine.

Ron

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
i do have 91 es tranny less than 15 k miles i'm selling it because i convert my car to 5spd. 1000.00 or best offer let me know man. the tranny has shift kit, high stal torque converter and clucth end.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Selling the enine or buying a tranny

Engine price, I'd guess $1000, but I have no idea what they go for. If you have something else in mind then let me know, but keep in mind that if I don't get close to $2000 total I'm not selling any of it.

AS for buying the torque converter, I'm not sure that I have the necessary skills to replace one. I can take the thing apart, change simple things like alternators, but rebuilding a transmission is probably a bit beyond my tools and abilities.

I'm getting closer and closer to deciding to replace the transmission instead of trashing the car. I've found one in Chicago (6 hr drive from Louisville, KY, my home) that I may get. If anyone is closer than that (or about that distance) I would be intersted in buying yours. The one in the windy city is $800 so that's about what I'll be shooting for on price. Your's would be great if you weren't 2000 miles away, Stealth91ES. Shipping will be at least $250 (proably more as you are several "zones" away). So unless you can figure out a way to deliver it to me in Sacramento next week, and then for me to "carry" it on my flight home I probably won't be buying yours. If you can find a cheaper method of shipping, then let me know.

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
TimMc...

how about if u just pay 100.00 for shipping total of 1100.00 i'll take care of the other cost. just give me 1100.00 u can have it. let me know man.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
hey try www.car-parts.com

Last time I checked there was a few 3000Gt/Stealths here in good ole' Louisville, Ky

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Hey Tim

Could be mistaken here, but unless our torque converters are different from the ones I've seen on some old Fords, they are basically large metal donuts. You really haven't have that much to do with them. They sit at the end of the transmission at the output shaft (where the shaft meets the clutch and flywheel on a manual transmission), and are seperate from the "guts" of the transmssion. It ought to be as easy if not easier than changing a clutch. Hell, if that's all that's wrong with yours and you were closer and your transmission was the same (91's and 94's supposedly have different splines at the drive shafts) I'd buy yours.

Ron
here's a pic of one:

http://www.protorque.com/

·
Registered
306 Posts
91 dodge stealth a/c compr.

tim this is zack and shereen!!! we order a/c compressor from you 3-4 month s ago wich we never recived and we pay you 60.00 in advance we try to call you and e-mail you (no respond) i know that you try to send money via pay pal but no luck , please call shereen at 504-362 4560 after 5 pm or send money order to shereen lindley 406 20th st. #12 gretna LA 70053 thanks zack

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All Hey guys, I was able to find a cheap ($700) tranny that I could use in mine locally. When I thought about parting out my car it was because of a $2300 tranny rebuild bill that I was going to be looking at. This way I will also have a AT with a broken torque converter that I can sell to recoup a bit more of my cost. I'm going to go that route as I can have it Monday and then get started getting the old one replaced. So, I'm sorry to say, I'm no longer parting out my car.

ZACK I sent a postal money order to shereen's address months ago. I sent it because you couldn't figure out how to get the money out of paypal that I refunded to two seperate email accounts of yours. I'll see if I can find the reciept from the money order but it's been a long time since I sent that out. I've sent a AC compressor that got lost in the mail and now a $60 money order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts