Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The dark shall be with us
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is emanage blue good enought for ~850whp? not sure if i want to go for aem yet. this is a plan i have after school. i'm going to go with gt42 or twin gt30. i already have emanage blue, but not sure if i's good enought for my setup. i'm going to have bilet crank for 3.0L or 6g74 (depend on price) because i don't want to change the crank every year.
any info for apexi power fc would help too. not sure if it's going to work on our car.
thanks

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
Hey, Matt. I will need a new fuel computer set up for my single because I sold my MAP ECU.

I forgot about the ARC-2 when I was looking at the Blue, Ultimate, and AEM.

Does the ARC-2 tune change due to the weather? That's one thing I don't want...

Also, can you run blow thru with the ARC-2? How? Do you recommend it in blow thru? How do you fine tune?

Thanks,
Trung

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Hey, Matt. I will need a new fuel computer set up for my single because I sold my MAP ECU.

Also, can you run blow thru with the ARC-2? How? Do you recommend it in blow thru? How do you fine tune?

Thanks,
Trung

I have Never tried to run the ARC-2 Blow threw, have never found the need to, I'm running [email protected] with it draw threw.

It's VERY easy to tune.

It would take some extreme changes in weather to change the tune. And even if it did your looking at 1 click on the low and maybe 1 click on the high to fix it. Takes about 3 seconds. My cars Going from the Heat of summer to the cold of winter (we don’t get super cold here, but we do get 110+ in the summer) one click on the low up in wither always did it.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I'm sure with the proper tuning you should be able to hit that number. There are plenty of people on here making pretty good power on piggy backs. :)

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Personally, If I was going to shoot for 800+ AWHP, I'd sure as hell get an AEM and I'd make sure I learned how to use it.

Why not save yourself the time, money and aggrivation?

Heh, you bring up an interesting point though... You better have a deep wallet or half a clue if you want anything over 700 AWHP.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Thanks,
Trung
Why did you sell your MAP ECU?

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
I have had two MAP ECUs. The first one--I sold it because the thought of speed density would be too complicated as I've never done it before. I also don't have time to go mess with my car when I have school to worry about.

The second one came in a car I bought. I thought the MAP ECU didn't stack up to the other alternatives....

Now, I need to find something so my car can run:)

·
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why not save yourself the time, money and aggrivation?

Heh, you bring up an interesting point though... You better have a deep wallet or half a clue if you want anything over 700 AWHP.
i'm still searching and learning. unfortunately we don't have many 3/s's with that kind power so it'll be hard to get enought info. we'll see about that,but for now i need to find a good tuner for my e3 16gs. that car runs like shit and i'm not happy with the tune. who know's maybe after i finish tuneing it right, it'll be fast enought for me and just keep the turbos and put heads cams and be done with it.:D

·
H to the izzO
11,944 Posts
i'm still searching and learning. unfortunately we don't have many 3/s's with that kind power so it'll be hard to get enought info. we'll see about that,but for now i need to find a good tuner for my e3 16gs. that car runs like shit and i'm not happy with the tune. who know's maybe after i finish tuneing it right, it'll be fast enought for me and just keep the turbos and put heads cams and be done with it.:D
Say, have you seen RussianVR4s thread yet?

·
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have. my car is making 460whp and it's not too fast for me yet. the only gear that i enjoy is my first gear. 2nd 3rd and so on feels slow for me. i want my 2nd and 3rd gear push me in to the seats like first gear. it take alot of power to brake the tires loos on our car. the only 3/s i have ever seen to go side way is nelson's car and he was making 900 or maybe 1000 whp, so my goal is way below the power to make the car out of control.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
i have. my car is making 460whp and it's not too fast for me yet. the only gear that i enjoy is my first gear. 2nd 3rd and so on feels slow for me. i want my 2nd and 3rd gear push me in to the seats like first gear. it take alot of power to brake the tires loos on our car. the only 3/s i have ever seen to go side way is nelson's car and he was making 900 or maybe 1000 whp, so my goal is way below the power to make the car out of control.
make sure you put a leash on your bank account so it doesn't go out of control either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts