1,128 Posts

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts

·
GTO's a happening
14,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Why don't you ladies try and find a torque plate other than mine you can use. You won't. Now get a custom made ONE OFF for less than say $400 (half the price mine cost ME). Oh look, Scotty's TP was a much better option. This ain't a charity. I can see tight arses but they don't reside in western Australia. :)

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Why don't you ladies try and find a torque plate other than mine you can use. You won't. Now get a custom made ONE OFF for less than say $400 (half the price mine cost ME). Oh look, Scotty's TP was a much better option. This ain't a charity. I can see tight arses but they don't reside in western Australia. :)
Did you ever get yours back? I need to use one soon or have one made.

·
Registered
627 Posts
For those interested, I'll be making these in the not-so-distant future at an affordable price point with the same thickness as and the same material our heads are made out of (because they'll be made of melted down heads).

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
For those interested, I'll be making these in the not-so-distant future at an affordable price point with the same thickness as and the same material our heads are made out of (because they'll be made of melted down heads).
Do you have an ETA? I would like to have my block at a machine shop within the next month

·
One fix at a time
7,746 Posts
I'm still a little confused. Are you guys wanting 100k+ built high hp motors or something? Ray says because of where the head bolt locations are at and also the design of the block, they're not integrated into the cylinder to cause distortion when boring. It isn't necessary. I guess if you want a few hundred thousand miles out of the motor I could see doing this. Honestly though, how many people really get more than 20-30k out of a high performance setup? They're generally not a daily driver.

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
Here ya go... Just got it today. This will work great on my honemaster set-up.

Attachments

·
One fix at a time
7,746 Posts
Does anyone (everyone) apart from me know what they do?? Or what they are for?? PLEASE EXPLAIN
Torquing the heads down supposedly distorts the block a few thousands or ten thousandths of a inch. That slightly changes the geometry of the bores. I haven't personally seen it. Ray says it isn't a problem on our blocks because the head bolt design isn't integrated into the cylinder walls. Another member on here that's a machinist says he has seen the block distort some while torquing it down. He wants 100-200k miles out of his fully forged motor though so ten thousands of an inch counts to him. Using this torque plate, torquing down the head bolts, and boring the cylinders will avoid any distortion. The highest hp engines in the world for these cars are built without the use of a torque plate so take it how you want. I don't doubt using one of these is good measure but not mandatory in my book.

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
Doing the machine work properly is why I bought it. Yeah I know I could always use the honing tool that everyone buys at AmateurZone and with a drill I could "hone"...actually de-glaze my cylinder walls. But, having friends who are machinist I like to do the work the correct way.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Doing the machine work properly is why I bought it. Yeah I know I could always use the honing tool that everyone buys at AmateurZone and with a drill I could "hone"...actually de-glaze my cylinder walls. But, having friends who are machinist I like to do the work the correct way.
Do you plan on renting it out or can let me know where to get one?

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
41 - 59 of 59 Posts