Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I hope the season is treating everyone well...My Christmas shopping is almost done!

I took my Stealth TT in for 60k service today, I had the timing belt, water pump, camshaft/crankshaft seals, plugs and wires replaced. (This is in the Bay Area, Capitol Mitsubishi...Quoted almost $1600, total bill $1450). I'm awaiting a new set of lifters, a new exhaust/wiper rocker switch and a couple of seatbelts. I supplied the plug wires, (Magnecor's), and unfortunately, the tech didn't install them. I believe he stated that they didn't fit on the boot so well? Has anyone had this experience? Good news is, the service manager didn't charge me for the new stock plug wires they installed instead. When I get the lifters done, he said he would have them put the Magnecor's on. Is there some special way these wires are supposed to go on? Has anyone had any experience with the Magnecor's popping off the coil?

Anyway, the service manager was real nice, and very helpful. The turn around on the whole service was nine hours. Car seems to be alright, drives smooth, and I'm hoping the new belt/water pump don't fail me next week...I'm driving to LA and Phoenix!

Thanks in advance for your input!

Dan Jett
94 Stealth TT
Centerforce DF Clutch, K/N FIPK, Greddy Exhaust, 18" SSR Integrals

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I installed my own wires and had no problem, what so ever. My Magnecor’s were the same as stock, same length and connection too. I have no idea why the dealer didn’t install them, other than the mechanic may have just forgoten you supplied them with other wires.

Dave Best
3Si #62

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have Magencore wires and have not had any problems. I check the visible/accessable connections each weekend when I check the fluids. I have noticed that one connection can always be re-seated ever so slightly (push down on it and it moves very slightly).

I have also heard the comment that the wires may not fit properly but you couldn't prove it by me. The factory wires seemed to work fine but they were awfully stiff.

I like the quality of the wires compared to the factory wires but beyond that you shouldn't expect any change in the performance of your car unless something was wrong with the original wires.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts