Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

60K in Kansas City

138 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Marcusfan 
#1 ·
All that crap under the timing belt covers (water pump, three belts, bunch of pulleys and tensioners). (i.e. not the spark plugs).

I supplied the parts, and Mike Sullivan at Northtowne Mitsubish (101 North East Vivion Road) did the installation for me last Saturday. Officially, it's a 4-hour job at $69/hour, but Mike got them to charge me only $50/hour. Took him just over two hours, cost me $200.

I like Mike. I have a Dodge dealership 5 miles from where I live, but I drive the 50 miles to his Mitsu place, because I prefer him. He doesn't mind if you hang around in the garage watching him work, always answers questions, very friendly, points out things on your car you should know about, smart too. I later found out that he came in on that Saturday only for me - nice guy.

Mike Sullivan can be reached directly at 816 453-3710 ext 274. Mention me, the fat Canadian bastard with the blue Stealth, and see if you can't get the same labour rate.

You could buy your parts there, but it's a damn sight cheaper to get them elsewhere (I got mine at West Broad Mitsu, see my FAQ) and bring them with you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Andrew?

Does that guy do "house calls"?

I just turned 60K and I need it done :-(

Damnit. With my luck it will cost > $1000.

FLOCK!!!

Bob.:(

#3 ·
That's damn sweet - I took my car there for my 120k at the beginning of the year - not sure who worked on it then. Cost me a bit more than that, though I didn't order any of the parts myself, plus I had the fuel filter and several other "minor" things done.

I'll definately write the name down as I've been planning on getting most of my work done there as I don't care for most of the local Dodge dealers (Steve Oliver, Sunflower, etc.) here in the area.

Thanks for the good word!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.