Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 base model, but I'm want to build the motor and go awd. Looking for a cheap broken down rusty pos vr4 for cheap. But will take individual parts as well

17,168 Posts
Hi Ryan, we picked it up as a core to rebuild into a high performance rebuild. It is a very nice core and we did a brief internal inspection. Personally I'd rather rebuild it into a high performance build and sell for about $4000 with a bellhousing brace, new synchros, and billet shift forks, but its worth $2k as is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm unfortunately not even close to that price range. I'm just trying to get a bit more fun and a different drive style out of this car until I can afford another daily and I can put this one down for a rebuild. 500 is my max at the moment sorry

17,168 Posts
I'm unfortunately not even close to that price range. I'm just trying to get a bit more fun and a different drive style out of this car until I can afford another daily and I can put this one down for a rebuild. 500 is my max at the moment sorry
Hi its no problem, totally understand. I'm not being a smart ass, but if you can find a functional 6 speed for $500 I'd buy 10 of them. It might be possible to find a 5 speed for that price, but one in good condition with a t-case is worth more than that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think a direct import of a JDP trans would be cheaper? The 5 speed trans hear ratio is to long for my drive style and it's by about 500rpm which I've heard the 6spd will help with

17,168 Posts
Do you think a direct import of a JDP trans would be cheaper? The 5 speed trans hear ratio is to long for my drive style and it's by about 500rpm which I've heard the 6spd will help with
Normally its about $1500 for a 6 speed JDM and t-case imported, they have also dried up in recent years, I barely ever see them. They also tend to have issues. In fact I have never imported one that didn't have busted 1/2 synchro springs.

·
ryns toy
2,853 Posts
I have the rear awd frame mounts for cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts