Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I'm curious how one would plumb this for a turbo setup. The idea is cool, but I think it's too tall even without turbo hoses.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i think its like the GM trucks, no MAF. Instead it has a MAP sensor *speed density* could be wrong though

·
Registered
856 Posts
Its made by RPW in Australia i think. Some guy named Cedric. One 3Si member met him at the track, and was talking to him. That was a while ago on the starnet list. I don't know whatever came of it. As I remember it uses a computer to replace MAS.

[i believe you're right about the MAP - "manifold air pressure." which measures the air pressure. Our MAS sensors actually calculate the mass of the air. just two different ways of figuring out how much air's making it to the manifold so it can add the proper amount of fuel]

.jon

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
I could be wrong but...

I think he's talking about the 3.0 that is in the Montero and not our cars. I might have overlooked it, but the only place where I see 3000gt is for the headers. I emailed them to find out if the 6 pack was for our cars.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
it looks like its only made for the SOHC cars...

·
Registered
856 Posts
JagdStealth said:
it looks like its only made for the SOHC cars...
NEW LOW PRICE ON SIX THROTTLE BODIES SYSTEMS

"Six Pack Twin Manifold Throttle Body including haltech computer $2,210.00 for Chrysler & Dodge & Plymouth 40 to 50% HP Gain

With Core

FOR THE 2.5 & 3.0 V6

Six Pack Inline Throttle Body System including Computer $2,210.00 For Mitsubishi 40 to 50% HP Gain

With Core

KIT ALSO AVILABLE FOR 2000 ECLIPSE & 2001 DODGE STRATUS RT PRICES TO BE CONFIRMED.

HEADERS FOR THE 2.5 SOHC 24 VALVE & 3.0 SOHC 24 VALVE $712.18"

Headers are for the SOHC, it never says dohc or sohc for six pack throttle body. just says for 2.5L and 3.0L V6.

.jon

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just saw this as well, definatly for DOHC:

http://www.phantomracing.net/index.htm/prices_1.htm

Scroll down to the six pack:
"SIX PACK THROTTLE BODIES & QUAD THROTTLE BODIES FOR 3.0L & 3.5L V6 SOHC &DOHC , ALSO CAN BE MADE FOR THE 2.5L SOHC 24 VALVE MOTORS"

[EDIT: check this out: "SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR 1.8L MIRAGE & 3.0L V6 MONTERO" - its just past the turbo kits. Does the 3L montero have the same engine as us?]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts