Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of changing my 92 Stealth RT/TT from a 5speed to a 6speed depending on how much damage is done on my trans case, tranny. Can I use my old cores and how much would a rear dif for a 6speed cost. What else would I have to change. Is it worth it? Does Kormex sell? Can we get 3SI discount? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
With all due respect Jody, you should probably try the "Search" feature for threads on this board. I think your questions have sometimes gone unanaswered because they have come up many times before. The 6speed retro fit was done by a member about 2 months ago, and he outlined all of the details on the swap. Essentially, most of your existing trans. is not re-usable as cores or otherwise (it is different other than just the amount of gears internally). If you can get a donor car you will be in good shape, otherwise, it could get expensive.
Try here: http://www.3si.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001028.html or http://www.3si.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002242.html

[This message has been edited by Diablo (edited January 05, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I did the conversion in the summer. If you look back you can see what I had posted but here is what you need.

1) 6 speed tranny
2) tranfer caswe from the 6 speed
3) Main drive shaft
4) Rear Differential
5) Shifter cables
6) Shifter lever & linkage at shifter (this is just shorter)

I'm not sure but I think some of the earlier cars had cabled speedo my 93 didn't so that part was easy you might need the sending gearing from yours since the 6 speed tranny will have a electronic sender.

If you need any other info just e-mail me.

Andy Carberry
93 VR4 6 Speed

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I did the conversion in the summer. If you look back you can see what I had posted but here is what you need.

1) 6 speed tranny
2) tranfer caswe from the 6 speed
3) Main drive shaft
4) Rear Differential
5) Shifter cables
6) Shifter lever & linkage at shifter (this is just shorter)

I'm not sure but I think some of the earlier cars had cabled speedo my 93 didn't so that part was easy you might need the sending gearing from yours since the 6 speed tranny will have a electronic sender.

If you need any other info just e-mail me.

Andy Carberry
93 VR4 6 Speed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts