Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am after a quote for shipping for the 575 hood and locking flush latches for a mk 2 3000gt to the uk. i sent a email via your website but have had no reply over 5 days ago now :(

happy holidays :D

regards

paul

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks bill, got my shipping quote of $475 to ship to the uk, all bought and paid for now! i will post up some pics when i havfe it on!! :)

paul

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not really, considering they get half off with the exchange rate. the $800 hood is really $400, the 475 shipping is like $240.

It's like getting $160 USD off the price of the hood, with free shipping.

Of course when I was in london last summer, I was paying doubel for drinks... now THAT was ouch :)
i will also have to pay import tax too!!! which will be another $200 unless you would like to send it out as a gift with a value of $30?? :)

but seriously is not that heap as buying one from over here!! it works out at the same price of buying say a sebion hood from uk! but to be honest i only like the 575 hood and it has a practical aplication too!!

yes drinks are not cheap over here!! on a average night you can spend upwards of £50 ($100) easily!! then is a taxi ride home too!!

paul

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another question for you, what is the best way to drill the hood to fit the aero latches?

paul

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi there,

Most people use a drill and a dremel to make the cuts. Use as small a bit as possible and work up slowly, take your time :)

i thought that would be the best option, but just to be on safe side!! :)

thanks, any news on eta? i am waiting for it now! but driving the car with no hood is awesome!!! the sound is simply immense!! :D :D :D

paul

·
Registered
510 Posts
Lol, so many things come to mind. The first being do you not have inclement weather over there? I'm taking a wild guess that no hood+rain=disaster.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol, so many things come to mind. The first being do you not have inclement weather over there? I'm taking a wild guess that no hood+rain=disaster.
yes!! is raining alot at the moment!! the car is in garage most of time, only taken out twice without hood in dry weather, i was just saying that it sounds sooooo much better without it on!! :)

speaking of rain and hoods especially the 575, has anyone incurred any problems with rain coming in through the air vent in the hood?

paul

·
deftracing.com
5,225 Posts
I have driven in torrential rains here with the 575 and had no problems. I even specifically came home and oepened up the hood to see if I could find any wet areas on the engine bay and didnt find any.

I have also driven with no hood after transporting one with my car.... and got caught ina flash rain during the summer corssing the desert, and when i got home there was no issues with the car at all, although I did dry the battery just out of fear :)

It turns out that mitsu made it water proof, although i wouldnt take a hose to it...although now that I think of it, thats what I use to wash off my meguiars all purpose cleaner....hmm. Ok, dont use a high powered hose.... havent tried that yet. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts