Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
121 - 140 of 256 Posts

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Hey the mock up is just the start gonna be pretty neat seeing it all together
Thoughts about paint for the engine bay ?
It’s going to be blackish/gray undercoating.

Rear rollstop done. I think I’m “done” with mounting engine. Might move to suspension and axles next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Mounted

And started deleting unused wiring last night. Attacking a big section today using info/vid from Hux Racing for kswap mr2’s. Then going to attack airbag and abs wiring. Deletions will make more room for additions.

Reactions: Chang oil

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·

16lb of trash wiring and computers. And started installing fueltech harness. It’s a tight fit!

Reactions: mdcrose

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·

Starting to look like a car! Busy weekend. (Engine is still just an empty mock up).

Have ~80% of the wiring done. The three buttons on shifter are wired to ecu for 2-step, 3-step/RAL, and nitrous/scramble. Have speed sensor on trans wired and the starter also. Line lock will be controlled by ecu also this time and have most of that wired as well.

ABS pump removed but still need to plumb the wilwood prop valve and line lock. May need some adapter fittings that I don’t have. Will see.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Just in case juice :)

• Haha
Reactions: Chang oil

· Marshall Taylor
1,629 Posts

Starting to look like a car! Busy weekend. (Engine is still just an empty mock up).

Have ~80% of the wiring done. The three buttons on shifter are wired to ecu for 2-step, 3-step/RAL, and nitrous/scramble. Have speed sensor on trans wired and the starter also. Line lock will be controlled by ecu also this time and have most of that wired as well.

ABS pump removed but still need to plumb the wilwood prop valve and line lock. May need some adapter fittings that I don’t have. Will see.

I surely wish I have the speed to get things done as quickly as you do. Amazing Sir, truly Amazing.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Well I did take vacation most of last week, so that helped. Unfortunately, I may have fractured my wrist with the sawzall kicking back so may have to take some time off. Traveling this week anyway. Have to go back next week and get xrays. Yay. lol

• Wow
Reactions: MDoe8

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
All that tumbling and nothing
A sawzall??
Crap man
Walk it off let's go - let's go February round the corner 😓
Don't work fatigued bro happens to me all the time end up hurting myself somewhere

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Milwaukee sawzall is a bad bitch!! blade smacked straight on to something behind what i was cutting and that full force pushed my arm backwards, back of arm only moved a small amount before it hit something on car for support, so the rest of the force ended up in my wrist apparently. that happened tuesday. worked on car wednesday all day. also thursday after thanksgiving stuff but with a wrist brace. continued to do wiring all weekend. but pain worsened daily. excruciating at night. So, yeah, I kept working on car (ignoring my wife lol)

• Haha
Reactions: NOMIEZVR-4

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,086 Posts
Milwaukee sawzall is a bad bitch!! blade smacked straight on to something behind what i was cutting and that full force pushed my arm backwards, back of arm only moved a small amount before it hit something on car for support, so the rest of the force ended up in my wrist apparently. that happened tuesday. worked on car wednesday all day. also thursday after thanksgiving stuff but with a wrist brace. continued to do wiring all weekend. but pain worsened daily. excruciating at night. So, yeah, I kept working on car (ignoring my wife lol)
Thats What we do man push forward
Sounds like you'll be on light duty give it some time to heal (Dr. Orders)

· Marshall Taylor
1,629 Posts
Working with power tools is always risky. I was cutting fiberglass with a cut off wheel. The fiber blade exploded. A piece of the blade sliced the top part of my wrist open. I taped it up tightly and went to the ER. They did a X-Ray of my wrist. I had previously shattered my wrist. It was put back together with 5 pins, 4 rods and an external fixator. The Doctor said my wrist looked so bad in the X-Ray he couldn’t tell what was going on. He said he saw a triangular white looking thing in between my 2 bones that connect to the wrist. I told the Doctor I didn't think they should be there. Off to surgery I go. The triangular thing was a piece of the blade that was larger than my thumb nail. After removal and 10 stitches I was good to go. I’ve given that poor wrist hell. Murphy’s Law will prevail.

I hope your wrist heels up quickly. You could have cracked a bone. Maybe even have a floating chip.
If it doesn’t feel better soon you may need to have a X-Ray completed.

• Love
Reactions: familyMAN

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
brace for the last week and no usage helped big time. wrist will get some workout this weekend. have to do day job work (just computer), a podcast for mitsutimes.org and want to work on suspension/brakes on mr2 so not a lot on mr2 this weekend

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Fueltech FT550 wiring in 4G63 Swapped SW20 MR2 turbo

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Not a lot of progress to report other than getting caught up on videos. i'm traveling to europe next week for work so unfortunately will be no progress for the next 10 days or so

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 · (Edited)
I lied….

One “custom” axle done!!! Rav4 axle bar and outer CV with a Mitsu inner cv. Barely short enough overall

Hopefully other side works out as easily.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·

Other “custom” axle done. Have to fit it yet.

And confirmed the 10ft cable worked. The brackets are from Morrison fabrication so you can use an aftermarket shifter with Mitsu trans. Had to do some adjusting of cable and slightly bend bracket but seems to work well.

Reactions: mdcrose
121 - 140 of 256 Posts