Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Marshall Taylor
1,614 Posts
That’s great you found a source for the needed MR2 items you need. Good luck getting it put together.

Marshall

Reactions: familyMAN

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Last body plate made. Lifted up back of car with engine hoist and slid motor under. Tighter than it looks. Still have to bolt on timing engine mount and head. Then figure out how to lift and position in engine bay to start the actual hard work of building mounts.

I always do timing side and trans first. Then roll stops on front and back last.

Adjusting angle side to side to be level and front to back to get engine angle will be “fun”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,905 Posts
The head ain't even on it lol
I see what you mean bro (tight)
It does have to roll forward
Like you were saying
Man fun stuff lol (not really)
Running torque mount up top as well ?
Or play it how it goes ?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Got it positioned but needs to come back out. As suspected, need to notch/plate frame for trans room. Want to move it over ~3/4” which will free up room for accessory belts and even out the axle length.

Also decided to ditch the stock fuel tank for various reasons. The big fuel filler pipe is going to be a tight fit to exhaust manifold. And the heater core lines will be in the way also. Unfortunately those lines run above the fuel tank so I can just cut them and reroute easily.

Ditching fuel tank opens up all kinds of room for routing heater core and radiator hoses. As well as throttle cable and trans cable.

Decided to put a 10gal fuel cell in trunk which will be good weight placement for Hard Tire no prep racing. And also would allow me to run a cam-driven mechanical pump without a priming pump. Ditching electric pump is great for saving alternator for stereo. And they are reliable and rebuildable.

Seriously reconsidering keeping AC. What’s the point of TTops if you don’t use them? Lol :D

Reactions: mdcrose
20,248 Posts
That is coming along pretty awesome Eric!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
That is coming along pretty awesome Eric!
1 step forward, going to be 2 or 3 back. lol Dropping engine back out is a let down but needs to happen.

Notching frame won't take long, but boxing it back in may take a little work. Dropping fuel tank will take some time, but will save a lot of headache later.

Ordered a magnus mechanical fuel pump and bracket last night (have an aeromotive 7.0 GPM electric pump to sell to help offset cost). Also ordered a 10 gal fuel cell for trunk. Will have a 10gal fuel cell, 5 gal ice tank and w2a intercooler core all in back. Should have plenty of traction for hard tire no prep :D. May wheelie at sick week though on 18's lol

Will still have frunk and a little bit of room in back trunk for luggage but definitely losing a lot of space with this plan. I think it will be worth it for simplicity and engine space though. I mostly drive around with an empty bed in truck and empty trunk in BMW so no biggie lol. I am thinking about building a hitch to pull a trailer or use my hitch rack for Sick Week though. Looks easy to replace rear fiberglass crash bar with a fabricated bar.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Reactions: MDoe8

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
18,342 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but I am assuming this is a RWD vehicle ONLY?
It has FOG LIGHTS though, right?

Just trying to get with the program....

Bob. ;)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
yup RWD (awd trans with welded center diff and no tcase). but hey you never know if I figure out how to do something dumb and make it awd in the future LOL

yup will have fog lights. bought yellow fogs (stock replica's off ebay, but with yellow lens). also bought the missing brackets. but will probably have to wire them up on my own. front wiring is a mess

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·

More goodies

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Coming together one piece at a time bro
Keep the momentum going bro
Fuel cell is tight fit as well to huh ?
Everything is a tight fit. Lol

Love the sticker.
Good thing I had the laptop in my 3000! Lol.

More progress today…two more pieces to cut and weld. Then I can work on dropping fuel tank.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·

1.5” of extra wiggle room.

Reactions: Chang oil

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 · (Edited)

Frame notch did the trick. One mount down. Took forever to get engine/trans positioned perfect (I hope it is lol). Plan to just do 3 mounts. timing side next and one front roll stop. 3 solid mounts to chassis will be perfect. Will skip the rear mount to leave more room for exhaust routing.

Reactions: MDoe8 and mdcrose

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·

Another mount done. Hard to get a good picture but it’s basically 3” angle iron, 1/4” thick. And an extra angle brace.

Still have to do roll stops. Been convinced I for sure need to do the rear at a minimum so that’s next on the list.

Head and Intake manifold mock up to see if intake cleared fuse box location. (Not that I really need that fuse box for much I don’t believe but I’ll do a wiring clean up later down the road). Throttle cable will work with a custom bracket.

Engine harness and shifter cable are going to be a PITA. Think I will need to get into dash and remove abs computer so I can make room to cut a whole to route wiring and cable thru the now open tunnel.

Sooooo much work to do yet. Yay.

Reactions: mdcrose and lawdogg
101 - 120 of 133 Posts