Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Ohm racing ign1a coil bracket bolt on the OG 4Gswap valve cover with 4 of the coils I used on the LS. (I also have wires that tuck that came with the bracket also) Current plan is to rattle can "Grip It" the intake manifold and intercooler piping. Oh and a new oil cap because I hate when they leak.

Reactions: niterydr

·
www.cts-racing.com
1993 Stealth RT/TT
3,985 Posts
Looking good!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
It's sad when our best build thread on the forum is in no way related to a 3s...other than it's owner. haha
josh has a good build thread too! 4Gswap of course :D

I have convinced Donnie to build my motor for me. :) With new job, I just don't have time to deal with machine shop and building the longblock so going to have him do the whole thing. I have a spare block and head to use as mock up for building motor mounts, intercooler piping, etc while waiting for longblock.

Reactions: niterydr

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

TRE LSD insert installed in “front” diff. Just waiting for Kiggly saddle and trans is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Rattlecan “powder coat” brought to you by Grip It. The cost effective solution for guys that want to look like they car about fancy finishes, but really just want to go fast.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

Bam!

·
Marshall Taylor
1,614 Posts

Bam!

Sir, that’s progress. Please keep up the motivation when your new job allows the time. It’s good Donnie agreed to step up and help on the building the motor.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Sir, that’s progress. Please keep up the motivation when your new job allows the time. It’s good Donnie agreed to step up and help on the building the motor.
yeah with donnie doing longblock I "think" I'll be able to get the car ready for Sick Week in Feb. All the Kiggly stuff should arrive today, and I'll get everything over to don in next couple of weeks. unfortunately still waiting on suspension kit and some of brake kit. hopefully in next couple of weeks also.

Then, I "think" it's just a matter of doing the work, fab work, figure out axles, deciding if I go forward with fixed back seats to lower seat height and get the car wrapped. No problem. lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Plan deviation. Got a good deal on a Precision Industries billet converter. #6 “stall”. No more lock up for cruising but should be a rocket ship for spool for launch or from a roll. Now I may need a bigger turbo. Lol

The PI converter has 8 mounting bolt pads vs 4 for stock which will help keep flexplate bolts from backing out. Stroker without balance shafts will have some vibes.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,614 Posts
Plan deviation. Got a good deal on a Precision Industries billet converter. #6 “stall”. No more lock up for cruising but should be a rocket ship for spool for launch or from a roll. Now I may need a bigger turbo. Lol

The PI converter has 8 mounting bolt pads vs 4 for stock which will help keep flexplate bolts from backing out. Stroker without balance shafts will have some vibes.

That’s Awesome on the PI billet converter. Hopefully your parts will show up in a timely manner. One good thing, you already have the 1G Foglights bitches.

• Haha
Reactions: familyMAN

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
That’s Awesome on the PI billet converter. Hopefully your parts will show up in a timely manner. One good thing, you already have the 1G Foglights bitches.
I think it will be really fun with 550whp turbo and this converter and another ~135hp shot of nitrous for fun (biggest jet I have, or can run no jet for ~150hp). It is turning into a slow race car though a little. lol. The stock converter is really nice for interstate cruising, but not required.

thought about straight cut gears in trans also for a bullet proof trans, but the do have some "whine" so I prefer just running stock.

And YES, have to have OEM foglights on an MR2 also. They look cheap without fogs IMO.

I think everything but the suspension has arrived so far.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Converter came. As did a bunch of kiggly parts. The 12-1 crank trigger is fancy AF! That should be all of the engine parts needed. Just need to finish breaking down motor and take everything to Donnie.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
hey Eric, talked at length with Hughes the other day about restalling a stock converter for me to keep lockup and he was super unconfident that it would hold more than 600 and said the lockup would be super weak as well. I am sending in my precision unit to Hughes to get opened and cleaned and they are going to see if there are any clutches that can be made to work, but he didn't want to get my hopes up.
There is a place next door to Hughes that does it for half the cost and welds in plates for strength. Call roadrunner. They’re next to Hughes in Phoenix.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,614 Posts
Chris, please let us know what you decide to do. Maybe Roadrunner that Donnie mentioned in his post is an option.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Now i'm back and forth on which converter i want to use lol .

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
More parts. Rest of brake components plus the suspension stuff (except coilovers which should come this weekend). Some assembly required. Yay. Lol

Not pictured are fixed seat brackets that also came. I keep going back and forth on what I want to do for seats. Fixed will help me fit in the car comfortably but I prefer the look of OEM.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Holy shit these look badass. Pic doesn’t do it justice and they look gigantic for an mr2

Reactions: mdcrose

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,905 Posts
Some of you might already know
But I stumbled upon this while looking for a way to keep coolant at a cooler temperature and have a longer lifespan
(Figured I would share with the engine building going on right now instead of throwing concentrate or 70ish mix)
This was pretty neat to hear none the less
But I will definitely be trying this stuff out

61 - 80 of 133 Posts