Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,549 Posts
Ha! Car came with an HKS on it ;)

Most have never even heard of the Synapse...are they still around?
Hahaha go figure! The original design was a heifer but badass. The smaller DV is excellent with its size and multiple configurations. I think they are...? I tried to check their site earlier this year, but it was down. Many years ago, I visited their main operation here in SD; a 3S owner was actually an employee. It was pretty cool to see their bench test rig for multiple valves (as seen in their comparison videos) and an in-house DynaPack.

-sent from my Galaxy S22 Ultra

Reactions: MDoe8

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
mmm pop up 4g swap mafia. I see what's going on here :whistle:
yeah clearly I'm copying you :rolleyes::LOL::LOL::LOL: See you at the 2023 DSM Shootout????
Yeah, it is a generational thing often referred to as "zenki" and "kouki" in car nomenclature. You hear/see it mostly with the Nissan 240 S-chassis crowd, but it applies to all platforms really - too many examples. I always liked the last-gen MR2 taillights and spoiler though.

That is a hilarious story lmao. Thanks for sharing it!

-sent from my Galaxy S22 Ultra
f'n "kouki" are expensive! I'll make mine work. Has almost a muscle car feel to them with a black car. I am back and forth on 91 wrap around spoiler and the 94+ that my car came with, but I still have all of the holes from original (that need welded up before paint or wrap). And original can get an add on extension that looks pretty slick. the 94 looks better with 94 tails for sure though. I'll figure that shit out later lol

I like that you picked a example to start with that was probably destined for a part out thread in most MR2 owners eyes. Good to see cars be saved and rebuilt. I'm excited witness the progress.
It may still turn into a parts car. so many pieces removed and hacked. I'm on the hunt for a clean TTop black roller. If I can get a good one cheaper than the cost of having someone wrapping my mr2 (~$3k), I will grab one. But I also like the challenge of bringing it back to life. Cost will be determining factor though in this case.

Reactions: bboyalan

·
Marshall Taylor
1,349 Posts

·
www.cts-racing.com
1993 Stealth RT/TT
3,369 Posts
yeah clearly I'm copying you :rolleyes::LOL::LOL::LOL: See you at the 2023 DSM Shootout????
Ha not at all. Your green 3k was member #1 I believe. The red one you have is what, 5th, 8th? Just funny seeing conversation of 4g swapped vehicles on a v6 board ;) I've never seen a 4g in a mr2 but not much into that scene; I've seen a few K swapped ones.

Schedule permitting I'd love to make the 2023 shootout, so ideally yes!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ha not at all. Your green 3k was member #1 I believe. The red one you have is what, 5th, 8th? Just funny seeing conversation of 4g swapped vehicles on a v6 board ;) I've never seen a 4g in a mr2 but not much into that scene; I've seen a few K swapped ones.

Schedule permitting I'd love to make the 2023 shootout, so ideally yes!
Yeah my car was first in the world. (I even searched the GT racing in japan since there were classes that it was advantageous for supra's to run 3sgte's but no one did it with a 3000) I've sold over 50 sets of mounts, but the ownership is still the same, so lot's of unfinished projects on jackstands. Your guess of number 8 is probably about right for Micah's. There is at least one 4gswap mr2. manual car that's basically stock from what I've seen. fitting an auto trans will be more difficult, but I'm already planning to c-notch the frame on trans to give me some more room lol (frame is factory clearanced on other side for trans but 4g is flipped the other way). Lot of k swap mr2s and a lot of 2gr swaps. I actually thought about turbo 2gr (aluminum block v6) to keep it toyota (worth more if I ever sell it) but not sure how the yota auto trans will like 7-800whp. I've seen them do okay at 5-600 but I don't want to do development on it.

well, you have a year, block your calendar for the shootout! I think we are going to get a core group of good guys there. Robert (owner of FP) and I are shit talking about max effort class already lol :D

·
www.cts-racing.com
1993 Stealth RT/TT
3,369 Posts
I'll make it a stretch goal. I'll be able to thumbs up early 2023 or not. Would be fun to finally make a shootout after....22 years of messing with Mitsubishis (missed all the golden stuff)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'll make it a stretch goal. I'll be able to thumbs up early 2023 or not. Would be fun to finally make a shootout after....22 years of messing with Mitsubishis (missed all the golden stuff)
better be ready by then, I have to get MR2 ready by Feb for Sick Week (signed up and paid!)! Oh and part out my 3000 to help fund. yay

shootout will be fun if we can get some good guys to hang out with

Reactions: niterydr

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)

Oh and evo3 intake came today. These bastards are hard to find now. Shorter runners versus stock 2g intake. Bolts on.

Used kelford 272’s shipped today also. Thought I ordered from extremepsi but forgot to put them on list. Saved $200 used though. :)

should be a nice 5-8k powerband with the 2.3l stroker. plus plan to have progressive nitrous, because, "why not" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
So are pre-94 and 94+ MR2s kind of like 91-93 vs. 94+ 3000GTs?
Lawdawg, they are indeed as you questioned, 91-93 on both MR-2 and the 91-93 vr-4, different than the rest, similar but different. These "Are not" mix and match cars. I have a modest collection and it's the "differences in driving" which attract me. If I wanted more HP, I would buy a new car. That much talent, I would repair the one in the worst shape.... Why

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Kelford 272’s came in. :). And Robert is talking me into a smaller turbo for wicked response. Xona 5757s in bolt on form. So Basically and FP green with Xona ball bearing cartridge. On a 2.3l stroker with 2g head, should be a 550-600whp torq monster.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Another cool part. My bad mofo TCI shifter is up for sale but isn’t selling. So I think it’s a sign that it should go in MR2. :) It just needs park,R, N and D to work and a mitsu trand forward gears are all controlled electronically anyway so I should be able to use the powerglide gate. Still plan to have fueltech do all of the up and down shifting and converter lock up

3 buttons. Thinking….
Thumb: front brake line lock​
Middle: 2step​
Index: Rolling antilag​

I just need to build a bracket to mount to chassis behind the shifter so that the cable can run backwards to back instead of our the front. Should be doable.

Morrison fab already makes a bracket and shifter arm to mount to the Mitsu trans for an aftermarket cable.

I LOVE this shifter. So will be nice to have it in MR2. Too bad I didn’t think about it before and spent money buying a stock shifter and cable.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
www.cts-racing.com
1993 Stealth RT/TT
3,369 Posts
Good stuff! I forgot TRE had those front LSD inserts.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Good stuff! I forgot TRE had those front LSD inserts.
Jeff Bush used to sell them but he is horrible about answering messages, so I asked around and found out TRE made them for him. Called them direct and got a great price. Although they picked up the phone, unfortunately, they haven't invoiced or shipped yet so going to have to bug them also.

Reactions: niterydr

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
order placed for Wilhelm Raceworks, custom Koni coilovers with added caster in the camber plates, wilwood brake kit, customized for more caliper clearance, his suspension geometry correction kit, low seat brackets (planning on Sparco Sprints) and some other misc brackets. That order stung. lol

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,607 Posts
order placed for Wilhelm Raceworks, custom Koni coilovers with added caster in the camber plates, wilwood brake kit, customized for more caliper clearance, his suspension geometry correction kit, low seat brackets (planning on Sparco Sprints) and some other misc brackets. That order stung. lol

Can't put a price on good stuff man
Can't wait to see it up and turning heads
MR2 "Dont get dust off !!"

21 - 39 of 39 Posts