Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
201 - 220 of 265 Posts

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,098 Posts
Bumper, hood, turns and headlight alignment has taken faaaaaar too long and still not perfect but is “good enough”. This was ridiculous. Basically two weekends of work.

Finally got back to things to make the car drive. Made a front roll stop.

Probably done for the weekend. Two presentations to finish yet before leaving tomorrow again. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel you on the taking to long
On top of that feels like your in slow mode as well doesn't help lol
🧟‍♂️

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·

Reactions: Chang oil

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·

Little civility added.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 · (Edited)
Little update, home again, so last night messed around with car and was able to squeeze speaker wires through driver door so will plan to install stereo this weekend before putting interior back together. Also took apart both door switches to fix the passenger window which wasn't working. Little stuff but it's progress.

Donnie had some machine shop issues, but should be over the hump and I'll get to drive ~15hrs round trip to pick up the longblock saturday or sunday. Forced Performance is finishing my turbo this week as well. Crunch time is upon us, but it seems it's all doable assuming no major challenges, which is a big gamble since no one has run an auto 4g in an mr2 before. lol. I have an alignment scheduled Feb 4. I travel week of feb 6 for work. We leave Feb 11th and still plan to drive the car straight to FL and start racing.

Expected challenges.... bleeding coolant system (mr2 is PITA), trans tuning (doing it in fueltech for the first time for me). 2 step tuning (that usually takes some time but I'm only going for 11's so not going to need to 60ft hard). Something will leak. (That will suck. lol). Otherwise, feeling decent about it (other than how it looks).

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
A reminder of where we started, beginning of November when I got the car into the garage. So, in a couple of weeks will be 3 months of total build time.

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,098 Posts
A reminder of where we started, beginning of November when I got the car into the garage. So, in a couple of weeks will be 3 months of total build time.
Crushing it man
Lots of things got done to the car in that period of time
How things work out for the retro fit AC system or is this one of the last bits to fit with none mock up engine

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Crushing it man
Lots of things got done to the car in that period of time
How things work out for the retro fit AC system or is this one of the last bits to fit with none mock up engine
Think I have it all figured out, but not worrying about it right now. That will be after Sick Week.
Have you considered using one of those vacuum/pressure coolant refilling bleeding thingies? I've no idea what they are or how they work, but I hear they work well for the rear engine Porsche guys.
I personally haven't had good luck with one, but I do have a big funnel that has adapters to seal to cap neck. So you can fill the funnel, let car run to temp and open up the Tstat. Funnel would definitely be highest point then in car. There are couple bleed valves on MR2 also. One on radiator, one on heater core lines.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
12mm Spacers on. Meats fit!!18x9.5 +23 (effective with spacers). 275/35/18 on rear.

Also started spray bombing parts that were blue and red.

Reactions: lawdogg and mdcrose

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·

More rattle can action

Reactions: lawdogg and mdcrose

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Mostly done with stereo. Need to do passenger components yet. Sounding killer so far!

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Moving slow today. But pre-wired a 2nd fuel pump trigger so I don’t have to tear apart interior in the future.

And installed spoiler sides.

Reactions: mdcrose and lawdogg

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·

Stereo done and amp hidden :)

• Love

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Haven’t been doing much videoing as it’s boring shit, but yeah I do plan to skip to the end,,, do a full update and fire it up. It probably won’t be first fire up. Waaaaay too much going on on first start up to worry about videoing.

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,098 Posts
Would say try to leave the front end jacked up upon initial start up
Crack your bleeders loose first get some air out
Fire it up see if that helps you get the air out of the coolant system
Or vise versa which ever spot the fill cap maybe

"Get a crane shake it like a salt shaker" lol

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·