Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
181 - 200 of 265 Posts

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,098 Posts
Front and rear coilovers and suspension geometry kit installed. Plus wilwoods brakes done up front. Unfortunately I don’t have the right setup to be able to press out the wheel bearings from knuckles in rear to switch the hubs to NA hubs so will have to finish brakes after I take knuckles to a shop.

The coilover kit uses fixed plates to maximize caster up front and also pulls camber at max front and rear. Final camber is don’t on the knuckles only. This method maximizes wheel/tire clearance and is same concept to what I did on my 3000 to fit 28’s up front on a 15x10 wheel :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please have some well knowns press those bearings in an out
Seen way to many lower techs bend knuckles and or snap the brake caliper ears right off
Pretty sure you know this as well
Older cars depending on how they are set up are tricky to press out

· TIRED OF WAITING
816 Posts
List is getting smaller, closer to seeing the turbo set up. Cant wait.
Clay

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Please have some well knowns press those bearings in an out
Seen way to many lower techs bend knuckles and or snap the brake caliper ears right off
Pretty sure you know this as well
Older cars depending on how they are set up are tricky to press out
Yeah I took it down the road to guys I trust today. They do all of my work now that I don’t want to do. Lol

List is getting smaller, closer to seeing the turbo set up. Cant wait.
Clay
Yeah and knocked out some more today! New radiator installed and fans wired to ecu with a relay and tested. Also mounted the AC condenser and drier.

After installing various brackets up front and mounted horns (which requires some wiring troubleshooting but resolved), and running a power down for fog lights, I installed the new plastic shrouding up top. Looks a lot better! ( at some point I want to remove as much as I can in Frunk and paint it black also.)…

Filled the w2a tank with blue “euro” coolant (so I can differentiate from engine coolant if I have a leak) and turned on the pump to leak test. No leaks! Crazy how much water the bilge pump moves with the upgraded 1” bungs, fittings and hose I did on a cheap intercooler core! (Also finished spray bombing the rear trunk and I think I’m going to cut a sheet of gray carpet to lay down on the bottom, for the hell of it)

Leave again tomorrow for work travel. Then back at it next weekend.

Reactions: Chang oil

· Marshall Taylor
1,630 Posts
That’s productive progress. Safe travels.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
My son was able to pick up knuckles when I was gone for work trip. So last night I was able to install rear knuckles and brakes. Also installed wilwood prop valve to replace ABS pump and stock valve. Mostly used stock lines and did some bending.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Decided to add line lock since i already have the wiring ran to it and I found enough adapters and -3AN lines on my used parts pile to plumb it in.

· Registered
95 VR-4 Spyder
386 Posts
It's impressive to see what (mostly) one man can do with the right time, knowledge, experience, and money. You've gotten this thing together faster then most people would get one part on there car....cough cough me cough cough.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·

Foglights B!tches!

Foglights mounted and wired. They weren’t bright enough. So had to unmount them to swap in some 100w (replacing the 55w). May melt plastics. Lol

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
It's impressive to see what (mostly) one man can do with the right time, knowledge, experience, and money. You've gotten this thing together faster then most people would get one part on there car....cough cough me cough cough.
Appreciate the recognition! Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time. I am traveling 4-5 days a week, every week now. I only work on it on weekends. And I’m not as productive as I’d like to be since traveling takes it’s toll on my energy/motivation. I get a lot more done if I’m home and commit to 30-60mins a day after work.

I have to plan ahead and drop things off on Monday morning (or even Sunday evening) on things I need help on like the hubs, so that I can pick them up (or have someone pick them up) so I can work on it the next weekend. It’s also been a planned activity to make parts purchase lists every weekend, to place orders, through Amazon mostly, to get misc parts/hardware/etc delivered during the week so it’s ready when I get home. I don’t have time to drive around locally to get parts. Example, if I need something from autozone, I order it online so it’s delivered to me and ready for the weekend so I don’t have to waste a minimum of an hour to get pick up a part.

I did have money to spend though after putting in work to part out the 3000 and set a budget with the funds (unfortunately some went back into the general funds lol).

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,098 Posts
Appreciate the recognition! Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time. I am traveling 4-5 days a week, every week now. I only work on it on weekends. And I’m not as productive as I’d like to be since traveling takes it’s toll on my energy/motivation. I get a lot more done if I’m home and commit to 30-60mins a day after work.

I have to plan ahead and drop things off on Monday morning (or even Sunday evening) on things I need help on like the hubs, so that I can pick them up (or have someone pick them up) so I can work on it the next weekend. It’s also been a planned activity to make parts purchase lists every weekend, to place orders, through Amazon mostly, to get misc parts/hardware/etc delivered during the week so it’s ready when I get home. I don’t have time to drive around locally to get parts. Example, if I need something from autozone, I order it online so it’s delivered to me and ready for the weekend so I don’t have to waste a minimum of an hour to get pick up a part.

I did have money to spend though after putting in work to part out the 3000 and set a budget with the funds (unfortunately some went back into the general funds lol).
Well from the point of dragging it out of storage video till now
the level of commitment
Man this is great progress
Keep this going
To play again do what ya like doing on your days off

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·

Yas! Headlights work! Bumper goes on next.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·

· Marshall Taylor
1,630 Posts
The Foglights Bitches are working to perfection. Progress continues.

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
The Foglights Bitches are working to perfection. Progress continues.
Hopefully the 100w each don’t melt the eBay housings. Lol. Not too expensive to replace though if it happens.

O Me likey uh lots
LoL
Yeah it’s starting to come together. I started rattle canning the trim (the black piece between turn signal and side marker is rattle canned) and the fuel door. Fuel door got some runs, learned my lesson there. But it’s a good 10 footer. Once it fully cures I may sand it flat and hit it again. Or I may not lol.

Started touching up some of the worst scratches, paint cracks, chips etc.

Need to rattle can one headlight cover. Also need to adjust covers. They sit too low in relation to the bumper. Will play with that next weekend.

Feels sooooo good for it to actually look like a car and not a complete POS.

Reactions: Chang oil

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,098 Posts
Hopefully the 100w each don’t melt the eBay housings. Lol. Not too expensive to replace though if it happens.

Yeah it’s starting to come together. I started rattle canning the trim (the black piece between turn signal and side marker is rattle canned) and the fuel door. Fuel door got some runs, learned my lesson there. But it’s a good 10 footer. Once it fully cures I may sand it flat and hit it again. Or I may not lol.

Started touching up some of the worst scratches, paint cracks, chips etc.

Need to rattle can one headlight cover. Also need to adjust covers. They sit too low in relation to the bumper. Will play with that next weekend.

Feels sooooo good for it to actually look like a car and not a complete POS.

Just finished splashing paint on the beat up bazooka tubes
Prep work took my entire weekend but it's done excluding the quick disconnect set up might get froggy tonight a do it
But I'm beat

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Back home. Finally closed the hood to check everything. Hood definitely needs adjusted (you can’t tell from pic but it’s shifted to the passenger side). And headlight covers really need help. Hopefully I have enough adjustment to get them level at the front with the bumper.

My Sparco Sprints came in from Revenge. Unfortunately they are not built for 6’2” 210lb people. I do not fit comfortably (mostly shoulder area that actually is in my back/lats. I may swap for my son’s old Sparco EVO’s (they are a bit ratty, but fit me). And my seats fit him perfectly (5’7” 110lb).

I travel sun- wed. Planning on driving to Donnie's Friday to pick up my motor. Crunch time!!!

· Marshall Taylor
1,630 Posts
Rent a storage unit with power. I've done it and so have some famous youtubers. Rent it for a few months, put your shit on, then move out.
Hi Josh,

I rented a storage unit in Houston, TX a few years back. I had my VR-4 in it along with 34 boxes of new parts (2 Turbos, Waste gates, BOV, Weldon Fuel pump with filters, Snow Stage 3 Boost cooler kit, etc). The facility sent me a letter stating they were replacing the garage doors and they will need to cut my lock to access the unit. They stated they would put their lock on it and i could replaced it on my next visit. The installers seeing what i had in the unit didn't seem like a good idea to me. 34 boxes could easily be taken very quickly during the darkness of night.

I immediately drove the 375 miles to the storage facility. I put the boxes of parts into my Tundra and loaded my VR-4 onto my trailer and took everything elsewhere.

The good news was the garage door installers were 3 doors away. I’m surely glad the postal service got the notice letter to me in a timely manner.

Marshall

Reactions: niterydr

· 1G Foglights b!tches
9,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Bumper, hood, turns and headlight alignment has taken faaaaaar too long and still not perfect but is “good enough”. This was ridiculous. Basically two weekends of work.

Finally got back to things to make the car drive. Made a front roll stop.

Probably done for the weekend. Two presentations to finish yet before leaving tomorrow again. Ugh

181 - 200 of 265 Posts