Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

SDSU Alumnus
Pretty cool 馃槑 lol not to get personal (do not have to answer), but did you meet your wife with your first MR2? 馃槅 only asking since it seems to fit the timeline.

BTW, are you keeping the pop-ups? I just randomly stumbled upon this local one with a supposedly expensive projector conversion from Japan:

I thought it was an FTO at first glance 馃槄

-sent from my Galaxy S22 Ultra

Reactions: Jorden

SDSU Alumnus
Yeah, it is a generational thing often referred to as "zenki" and "kouki" in car nomenclature. You hear/see it mostly with the Nissan 240 S-chassis crowd, but it applies to all platforms really - too many examples. I always liked the last-gen MR2 taillights and spoiler though.

That is a hilarious story lmao. Thanks for sharing it!

SDSU Alumnus
Heck yeah! I had an MR2 a while back and loved it! Anxious to see the build.
Nice! Almost want to say you were the only MR2/3SGTE with a Synapse Synchronic lol most default to HKS SSQV

SDSU Alumnus
Ha! Car came with an HKS on it ;)

Most have never even heard of the Synapse...are they still around?
Hahaha go figure! The original design was a heifer but badass. The smaller DV is excellent with its size and multiple configurations. I think they are...? I tried to check their site earlier this year, but it was down. Many years ago, I visited their main operation here in SD; a 3S owner was actually an employee. It was pretty cool to see their bench test rig for multiple valves (as seen in their comparison videos) and an in-house DynaPack.

Reactions: MDoe8
1 - 4 of 4 Posts