Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday is the last day for test & tune for the season. Melis, JMacTenn & I are going from 3 - 6pm. Everyone is welcome to come. Let me know if you need directions. Hope to see some ppl there :)

Sean

·
Maroon replaced w/red
228 Posts
Hey Sean,

Sorry I didn't make it today. But Fla if nice and warmmmmmmm.

Moroso was tied up with a $10.000 a day shootout so no test and tunes this weekend.

how did yours do?

John

·
Member #140 Aug, 1998
3,777 Posts
John;
Sean got some good runs in today, but I don't believe he got below the 8.6 range all day. He beat a couple Pontiacs and looked pretty good. Melis and I ran against each other. Me with the Eclipse Gt and her with her SL. I used the Selectronic shifting to shift from 1st at redline. First race I beat her because she had a bad launch, but she was gaining at the end and trapped 3 mph higher than I did but a lower et. Both in the mid 10's.
Next race she beat me and I was consistent, so I ended my test then. Just wanted to see what an Eclipse GT V6 dohc would do with a selectronic automatic using manual mode. I took some videos and will post them when I get time to make them.
Melis went on to race several more times but there wasn't a whole lot of matching competition around. She was a little disappointed because she didn't get better times than she did in Dallas and was hoping to with the cooler weather.
It got a little chilly when the sun went down.
BTW, don't call me again from there and tell me you are aching to go swimming because it's so warm, hahaha

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey John & John.....

Thanks for coming JRC. Also, thanks for the video.....

Hope you're having fun in FL JMacTenn ;)

I have to say, I'm very impressed with Melissa's shifting. She can drive. First run was'nt any thing to write home about, but the 2nd run, she dialed in and was on... As John said, video to come :)

Me on the other hand, didn't have a personal best, but didn't get beat. :D I raced 2 LS1's, 1 Camaro & 1 Trans Am & a few Muscle cars. Didn't loose a race. :) My best was only an 8.6xx but we had a lot of fun/froze our asses off. Video to come this week...

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.