Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night friend of mine and me were cruising in my car, then I saw another friend in a 2001 Chevy 400SS truck (not driving him), roll down the window and asked me if I wanted to race them, i'm thinking "i'm goona lose" :rolleyes: but anyway I said yes.
We get a Red light and both were reving as the light changed we took off, dead even trhu firts gear (too much wheel spin of booth), red line comes, shift to second, I gain a little and red lined too, when I shifted to third started to get in front of him.
Killed him by about 1 car lenght, I felt so good! :D.
The truck looks like this but with the 400SS stickers on the back and was all whited out, lowered, 20" rims :eek: and awesome sound system :p .

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no 400ss truck....there was a 454ss made in the early 90's wich in no way can be confused with a new (99-02) style truck. The truck you raced was a normal scsb (single cab, short wheel base) v6/v8 silverado. Good race though. That truck sounds like it's pretty nice (with the exception of those rice stickers).
-Mike

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
did the side look like this?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew it!

Thanks for your responses, but I know that there isn't a 400SS truck, Its a 350 motor, 5.7 L. and it comes with the 400SS from the factory cause everyone I see have it. (or everybody driving are ricers :D ).

did the side look like this?
Sorry, bou I can't see the pic :p .

Tom

·
978 Posts
hmmmmm......shows up fo me :D :confused: :p

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
There is a Chevy 400SS. They've been selling them in Mexico for years and there are a few in the US. A lot of people order a c2500 with the 400 and hop it up and throw on 400SS emblems that you can buy from GM dealers. Here's a pic of a '98:

Chevy is also making a Silverado SS. Here are the specs:

Model: Chevrolet Silverado SS
Extended Cab / AWD
Manufacturing location: Oshawa Ontario, Canada
Vortec 6000 V8
Type: 6.0-liter OHV V8 with cast-iron block
Displacement (cu in / cc): 364 / 5967
Cylinder head material: Cast aluminum
Valvetrain: Overhead valve with two valves per cylinder
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Horsepower (hp / kw @ rpm): 345 / 257 @ 5200
Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm): 380 / 516 @ 4000
Maximum engine speed: 5600
TRANSMISSION Type: AWD Four-speed electronic automatic
Final drive ratio: 4.10:1
Wheel size & type: 20 x 8.5-inch five-spoke polished aluminum
Tire size & type: P275/55R-20 Goodyear Eagle radials
Base curb weight (lbs): 5013 / 2274

It should run a high 14 @ around 90mph.

·
978 Posts
heres a 454ss........finnaly :D......bah even though its not needed any lonhger :p

Attachments

·
978 Posts
about what kind of times do those 400ss run?
stock?
bpu? ;)
holy shit you spent alot on mods and its still pretty slow?:D

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
high 16's/low 17's stock, as fast as low 14's/high 13's all motor w/ all bolt-ons and cams, and 12's with a 100-150 shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr.Tom,

With the picture you provided in the first post (99+ bodystyle) It looks nothing like the white (88-98) "400ss" that some one else posted. If you saw a 99+ with the 400ss sticker it is in fact a fake/ricer. 99+ trucks dont have the 5.7 no more. The new line up is v6 to v8...4.3, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 8.1.....Keep in mind these are just the FULLSIZE truck motors availible.....That is neat though, I have never heard of a 400ss before....I apologize for making the wrong assumption.
Good Day

p.s.
slap a blower on the new awd ss and beat lightings all day....I can't wait for that sucker to come out.

-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts