Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Very nice. Any dyno numbers or track times with this kit yet?

·
Washed up.
713 Posts
The ones on the website are knock offs. Just buy the kit w/o turbos, its still one hell of a deal. Then you can get real Evo IIIs from VR4Me. Wastegates are knock offs also. The only thing that worries me about that is the fact that I'm going to be using leaded gas. But oh well. I'm 100% happy with the kit.
^

regardless - why get adapter plates when you can get the manifolds for this price? A vendor is providing another alternative to the community - the utility of the kit is evident already.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
^

regardless - why get adapter plates when you can get the manifolds for this price? A vendor is providing another alternative to the community - the utility of the kit is evident already.
I'm not knocking it, I have the kit. I'm just simply explaining it. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
crazy cheap..... what's the catch? Chinese version???

everything appears to be of chinese origin. manifolds included.

shipping....

Service Rate
UPS Ground $211.88
UPS 2nd Day Air $278.24
UPS Next Day Air $383.76

Service Rate
UPS Ground $71.84
UPS 3 Day Select $176.00
UPS 2nd Day Air $260.10
UPS Next Day Air Saver $327.29
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. $410.15
UPS Next Day Air $351.40

·
SOHC you in the FACE
5,762 Posts
well ~$1800 for the headers and whatever without turbos is awesome.

I do agree though that real tials should be substitutable or let people buy it without wasategates either.

I wonder if selling those knockoffs is meant to help offset costs or if the headers are just an amazing deal.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
everything appears to be of chinese origin. manifolds included.

shipping....

Service Rate
UPS Ground $211.88
UPS 2nd Day Air $278.24
UPS Next Day Air $383.76

Service Rate
UPS Ground $71.84
UPS 3 Day Select $176.00
UPS 2nd Day Air $260.10
UPS Next Day Air Saver $327.29
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. $410.15
UPS Next Day Air $351.40

to north jersey
Service Rate
UPS Ground $33.57
UPS 3 Day Select $89.44
UPS 2nd Day Air $115.22
UPS Next Day Air Saver $272.05
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. $342.74
UPS Next Day Air $284.00

·
Sandstone Club
484 Posts
how unreliable are the knockoffs though... i mean what if theyre just as reliable and flow just as much cfm's... we need some numbers for sure, but if they do, its a freaking steal

·
Premium Member
3,771 Posts
It would be nice if they disclosed what kind of turbos these are... real or not. We shouldn't even have to guess.

Will they back these up if they grenade an engine? I'm not a big fan of 3sx but I'm willing to give em a shot if they will be upfront about what they have. Either way it's a good price.

·
DFW Clutch Hydraulic Prof
2,032 Posts
umm...2 turbos, 2 manifolds.
I'm sure he was referring to why is there a pair of internal and a pair of external gates. That'd just be redundant.

Regardless, excellent looking kit, at a great price, knock-off or not. Makes me second guess other options.

-Brian

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
I'm sure he was referring to why is there a pair of internal and a pair of external gates. That'd just be redundant.

Regardless, excellent looking kit, at a great price, knock-off or not. Makes me second guess other options.

-Brian

ah...tis true.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
ive been running "knock off" turbos on my car for almost a year now. i have about 5,000miles on them right now and they have not had anyproblems. i just run screens on my turbos and no intakes so i check the for shaftplay often just to be safe. but as of now there is no more than there normally is.

also i am running "knock off" external wastegates as well and they work awsome. when i have the need to run wastegate pressure my car will stay at exactly 10psi

im also running the same knock off 16G on my DSM and my GFs DSM, her car has about 10-15K on it and its the same as the day we got it.

but yea awsome kit from 3sx!!!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
It would be nice if they disclosed what kind of turbos these are... real or not. We shouldn't even have to guess.

Will they back these up if they grenade an engine? I'm not a big fan of 3sx but I'm willing to give em a shot if they will be upfront about what they have. Either way it's a good price.
You do know when u buy a turbo kit from HKS that they dont tell you what kind of turbo it is right. I mean they dont give you the exact specs. But dude if you have an issue u could buy the genuine TD05s from a dealer and the 3sx kit for the other parts. They have an option to get it without the turbos, still at a good price

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Dizzam!!! For those of you who want proof of power / or numbers... what do you guys think are on the shop car? Duh - they're using bigger turbos... but that goes to show how well the manifolds do. ;)

That's a VERY GOOD DEAL!! I don't care who you are - or what beef you have with 3sx - this is a damn good deal - and at the end of the day, Money Talks. :bandit:

·
Oh SNAP!!!
6,115 Posts
wow..that is a hot deal...

·
Spartan for Life!
1,632 Posts
I dont get it why 2 sets of wastegates?

otherwise its a very good looking kit, and at a very good price. I wish I had a VR4 now id so get this
If you look carefully you can see that the 02 housings have the internal wastegates blocked off, so they don't do anything.

Aaron

21 - 40 of 270 Posts