Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Actually, you'll notice that maTT, who is employed by a certain company that shall go unnamed, and has unnamed companies TD05 kit, has a different experience with his kit than someone who purchased the same one. :)
Somethings you are leaving out, Matt does not have 3SX heads or cams, they are stock cams, and matt runs different compression and different fuel controller and pretty sure different ICs.

Kinda hard to compare two cars that are setup so differently.

·
Super Moderator
3,199 Posts
Somethings you are leaving out, Matt does not have 3SX heads or cams, they are stock cams, and matt runs different compression and different fuel controller and pretty sure different ICs.

Kinda hard to compare two cars that are setup so differently.
So you're fighting his battles now? Sad.

Tell him to address Renner in the other thread. I'll not clutter this one up anymore.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
So you're fighting his battles now? Sad.

Tell him to address Renner in the other thread. I'll not clutter this one up anymore.
I stated the differences in the setups, reasons why you can't directly compare the two cars. I know both cars so I know the differences.

Fighting his battles? Matt is a big boy, he can handle himself.
Tell him? It's not my place to "Tell him" to do anything, much less address some flame post on an internet forum:muahaha: You have got to be kidding me.

·
***** User
3,654 Posts
much less address some flame post on an internet forum:muahaha: You have got to be kidding me.
Theres really not much flaming going on there. There's a lot of information in there that is going against your company's products. I dont get why you can go in there and DISCUSS why what theyre saying about your product isnt true. From a business standpoint it makes sense to me...

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Personally I haven't dealt with the parts in question except for the manifolds, but on T4 we aren't using the turbos in question so it's invalid info.

Only matt and the other techs have the information for that thread.
But to some it wouldn't matter what was posted, they would bicker one way or the other. So maybe matt has found it pointless to reply? You have to ask him.

·
Anti-Rice
375 Posts
Not trying to start anything, but it seems like a lot of of the arguing/bickering is just the "consumer" or little person trying to fight "the man." Nearly every thread is a 3SX vs the world thread, im tired of seeing the arguing. There is more than enough info on the forums and the internet in general to make an informed decision. If you dont like a certain companies product or business practice, then because of the great country we live in you can spend your money elsewhere, sort of like voting for an elected leader. You cannot deny that no matter how much you hate some of the 3S shops, without them we would have no new products because nobody who has the capital to R&D new products for us would be interested. Lets face it, with all the part outs and accidents just posted by people on 3si, the platform is getting smaller, eventually there wont be a large enough market for these parts because there will be under 500 cars left, then where are we going to get aftermarket parts? Face it, as much as you may or may not hate 3SX, this platform needs them and the other shops to survive, and vice versa...

·
***** User
3,654 Posts
Not trying to start anything, but it seems like a lot of of the arguing/bickering is just the "consumer" or little person trying to fight "the man." Nearly every thread is a 3SX vs the world thread, im tired of seeing the arguing. There is more than enough info on the forums and the internet in general to make an informed decision. If you dont like a certain companies product or business practice, then because of the great country we live in you can spend your money elsewhere, sort of like voting for an elected leader. You cannot deny that no matter how much you hate some of the 3S shops, without them we would have no new products because nobody who has the capital to R&D new products for us would be interested. Lets face it, with all the part outs and accidents just posted by people on 3si, the platform is getting smaller, eventually there wont be a large enough market for these parts because there will be under 500 cars left, then where are we going to get aftermarket parts? Face it, as much as you may or may not hate 3SX, this platform needs them and the other shops to survive, and vice versa...
Unfortunetly it doesnt work that way in the real world. This next part will be totally unbiased and NOT directed towards any shop in any way and shouldnt be construed as such.
People dont search on this board, in particular the newer members, therefore they dont know about poor product quality, extremely high markup on certain products, or just general info about the product. People make 'chips' 'cyclone intake inserts' 'electric turbos' for our cars, but yet i doubt you advocate people using those products, do you? If you do, you should leave this site now.
Now im not saying that any particular shop sells cheap stuff like that(although one used to), im saying that if a product simply looks nice and cool and like it will make a bunch of power, people should know the downsides to the design, why it isnt as good as they claim, and what would be a better choice to buy. Id be a little upset if i bought a product and it didnt perform as advertised and people who knew it wouldnt do so (seller or just another forum member) stood by and let it happen. You claim its a company's "right" to sell whatever they want, and yes i agree it is indeed. It is also a consumer's "right" to be fully informed and be educated on any positives or negatives on the product.
Trust me, you havent been here long enough to fully understand some of the people and/or companies on here, and in some cases i havent either.

·
H to the izzO
11,944 Posts
Not trying to start anything, but it seems like a lot of of the arguing/bickering is just the "consumer" or little person trying to fight "the man." Nearly every thread is a 3SX vs the world thread, im tired of seeing the arguing. There is more than enough info on the forums and the internet in general to make an informed decision. If you dont like a certain companies product or business practice, then because of the great country we live in you can spend your money elsewhere, sort of like voting for an elected leader.
As tricky said, one of the essential features of a successful consumer market is the ability to find and share accurate information. This includes both information about the product and the retailer. Such topics should be discussed by the customer base, as it encourages better products and service.

If 3sx (or any other retailer, for that matter) truly stands by their products and believes that they offer greatest value, then they should welcome such discussions and engage in the conversation.

there will be under 500 cars left,
What the hell are you smoking? :bandit:

·
Anti-Rice
375 Posts
Unfortunetly it doesnt work that way in the real world. This next part will be totally unbiased and NOT directed towards any shop in any way and shouldnt be construed as such.
People dont search on this board, in particular the newer members, therefore they dont know about poor product quality, extremely high markup on certain products, or just general info about the product. People make 'chips' 'cyclone intake inserts' 'electric turbos' for our cars, but yet i doubt you advocate people using those products, do you? If you do, you should leave this site now.
Now im not saying that any particular shop sells cheap stuff like that(although one used to), im saying that if a product simply looks nice and cool and like it will make a bunch of power, people should know the downsides to the design, why it isnt as good as they claim, and what would be a better choice to buy. Id be a little upset if i bought a product and it didnt perform as advertised and people who knew it wouldnt do so (seller or just another forum member) stood by and let it happen. You claim its a company's "right" to sell whatever they want, and yes i agree it is indeed. It is also a consumer's "right" to be fully informed and be educated on any positives or negatives on the product.
Trust me, you havent been here long enough to fully understand some of the people and/or companies on here, and in some cases i havent either.
I dont advocate the use of complete garbage, but there are already enough shop bashing threads on here, i dont mind the discussion, its just the constant back and forth arguing, in the end both parties are only hurting themselves. And ive been on 3si a lot longer than my join date, i would say 2-3 years, maybe more, i dont remember. i joined when i finally bought a 3S.

As tricky said, one of the essential features of a successful consumer market is the ability to find and share accurate information. This includes both information about the product and the retailer. Such topics should be discussed by the customer base, as it encourages better products and service.

If 3sx (or any other retailer, for that matter) truly stands by their products and believes that they offer greatest value, then they should welcome such discussions and engage in the conversation.

What the hell are you smoking? :bandit:
Again see above, its not the discussion of the product, that is necessary information to both old and new members alike, its the arguing. It will happen eventually when the only cars that are in decent condition are the enthusiast market, i did pull that number out of my ass though. :D

·
***** User
3,654 Posts
Exactly, they should be using the info posted to IMPROVE their products, instead of ignoring it and blowing it off as simply bashing (ill admit sometimes it is just bashing, but other times there is good info there).

I dont advocate the use of complete garbage, but there are already enough shop bashing threads on here, i dont mind the discussion, its just the constant back and forth arguing, in the end both parties are only hurting themselves.
Discussion and differing views create arguments.

261 - 270 of 270 Posts