Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
If Mentor Mitsubishi would hurry up and send me the few things I'm waiting on I'd have some. The kit is top notch.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
DAMN! Now that was an agressive move. WOW...i almost want to go TDO5 now. 16G's standard for every TT starting dec 07 :)

·
the car whisperer
1,285 Posts
shit f#cking cheap.i wished you had that price 5 month ago.i want external wastgate.
What's the benefit of external wastegates? More consistent boost?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also the site shows internal gated E3-16Gs but the external gated headers?.... 3SX pitch in on this :).... i don't have a VR4 yet but maight get just so its just sitting here in my room :D...ahahh...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
having the internal wastegates there shouldn't matter because the 02 pipes block the air regardless...aka the external's are the only way to by pass the turbine wheels...

i would like to see the kit at least have the option to substitute tials for a little extra cash over whatever they are including...just a thought...

- matt

·
High Roller
1,095 Posts
crazy cheap..... what's the catch? Chinese version???

·
Spun Bearing Club '10
800 Posts
Damn that's a crazy price!!

Anything else besides the usual pump/injectors/controller to get these running?

·
Twin Turbo Owner
6,337 Posts
^+1

i also would like to know if those 16gs are knockoffs or not

·
Sandstone Club
484 Posts
beautiful kit especially if those are oem e3's

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
The ones on the website are knock offs. Just buy the kit w/o turbos, its still one hell of a deal. Then you can get real Evo IIIs from VR4Me. Wastegates are knock offs also. The only thing that worries me about that is the fact that I'm going to be using leaded gas. But oh well. I'm 100% happy with the kit.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
16,155 Posts
I thought the EVOIII-16G were like $500 shipped? If so, that's the same price as that on 3SX. Maybe they are real? The pic indicates not though.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
I thought the EVOIII-16G were like $500 shipped? If so, that's the same price as that on 3SX. Maybe they are real? The pic indicates not though.
I think I paid $550 for one from Carl and I'm pretty sure they were $1000 for two. The ones on 3sx's website look like knock offs to me. They don't have the TD05H stamped on the housing. And they call them "Evo III Big 16g" and thats what the knock offs are called.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts