Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start off saying I have 33+ orders and have been ordering from 3sx since 2006. I can't even remember having a problem.

The last three orders I have had with them I have had a problem.

1)#141617 5/12/2016
A left horn button for a 2G and a pack of autometer gauge pod clips.

I didn't hear tracking and waited until 5/22/2016 to contact them about it.

Waiting until 5/22/2016 with no contact, emailed again. cc'ed [email protected]

Heard back 5/27/2016 that the screws were waiting to come in and would ship early the next week. No further communication, received sometime around 6/12/2016, don't remember the exact date, they sent no tracking.

2)#142161 6/10/2016, ordered RPS clutch.
6/14/2016, asked kindly if they knew when it would ship as I needed it by the following weekend or sooner. Received no communication back, got a tracking # that day (from UPS quantum view) that seemed to indicate clutch was shipped. I was happy, the wait time was not unreasonable as I ordered on a Friday afternoon.

Received clutch on 6/16/2016, not really too bad of an experience, but communication could be a lot better.

3)#142164 6/10/2016 ordered rps flywheel plates. Assumed when I received tracking from above order they would be in the same box. They were not, no plates.

6/16/2016, let them know I didn't received the plates, asked for an eta. Heard back they were waiting on the parts to come on on 6/17/2016.

6/17/2016 asked for eta again, explained I would run my stock flywheel if it was going to take a long time. Heard back we should have it in a few days.

6/17/2016 asked to cancel order as I needed to put trans back in that weekend and would run my stock flywheel. Heard nothing back.

6/21/2016 asked again to confirm cancellation of my order.

6/22/2016 as I had heard nothing I opened a paypal dispute.

6/23/2016 received tracking confirmation from stamps.com.

replied back I would continue my dispute and post this, and that I was frustrated with this experience.

To me this is really easy to fix and I can't believe after being a good 3sx customer all these years that I am now having a problem. I guess the plates will come and I will have to sell them.

Form what opinions you will, but 3sx's site clearly states:

"3SX gets a daily afternoon pickup with UPS. We try to ship orders the same day they are received. Sometimes shipment may take 2-3 days depending on our order and service volume and stock levels. If we anticipate an extended shipment delay due to inventory levels or other issues, we will notify you via email of the circumstances. "

Never have they notified me without prodding, if I knew these plates were on backorder I would have never ordered them.

I really didn't want to post this, but 3sx is not the same lately as they used to be. I used to order from them when I NEEDED things on time and now I can't count on that. I am sorry if this upsets 3sx fans, I have only posted the truth. 2+ weeks to get flywheel parts or 4 weeks to get a horn button and gauge clips doesn't work for me.

17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw on Facebook awhile back that their main guy who had been handling he majority of the stuff left. I think Eric was his name? I've seen some others in the Facebook groups complaining about them recently too. What a shame.
Yes, I always thought before they were the most reliable vendor, and we really need those.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks for an updated review. At least Chris posts in big bold letters prior to checking out that shipment may take a week or longer. Obviously due to other issues, but it's something as simple as that which makes the experience better. Still have a hard time getting a hold of the guy, but it's understandable.

17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for an updated review. At least Chris posts in big bold letters prior to checking out that shipment may take a week or longer. Obviously due to other issues, but it's something as simple as that which makes the experience better. Still have a hard time getting a hold of the guy, but it's understandable.
Absolutely, I was ordering something from Ninja and saw that message. I needed it a little faster than that, so I ordered from somewhere else.

That's honesty and integrity in a business and it will keep me coming back. When I don't need stuff that quick I won't mind waiting.

17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I need new OEM parts I often still order from cherry hill, especially on ebay as they have lower shipping.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I buy from them alot also,, the past few months haven't been the best experience for me either..
They no longer send me updates with tracking numbers when things get shipped. If it doesn't show in about a week, you have to call and check on it, hell you never know if it back ordered or not because they obviously don't even attempt to contact their customers anymore.
Hate that their customer service is slacking lately.

Attachments

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
Its like the whole platform is falling on its face. Ninja stuff is completely understandable, health issues have to take priority. Maximal closing up shop and they had great service, 3SX customer service being bad now, and as far as I've heard 3SW/GZP has always been really hit or miss too. Never personally ordered from 3SW/GZP but I've heard enough bad reviews to discourage me from trying.

17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3sw/gzp has had a very long history, but honestly Hans has always taken good care of me.

You are absolutely right though, we pretty much have no vendors we can 100% count on being responsive to emails and following through with orders on a timely basis. I try to move to more universal parts, like the aem ems, or getting what I can done locally, but its almost impossible to do for everything.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Sad to here - I'm sure there was probably a decent reason though - One thing I would have done differently is skipped the email, and written communication and called them directly everytime - That' always proves to be much easier, with better results. Even more so when they hear you are being nice, and friendly about it, but too the point... I could usually send Eric a facebook message though and get a pretty quick response but that was only for large, specific things or info that generally he'd be the one to answer.

I've probably had at least 1 bad experience with every vendor, though I can say I've had a few with 3SW, but it was nothing to write home about.... I think most of 3SW's issues for example seem to come on the used parts, but the new parts are fine...

At about 40 orders, and $5500 since 2011, with about an equal amount on Ninjaperformance I can say I definitely haven't had any real issues - My only frustration with them was on out of stock items sometimes they wouldn't notify you they were out of stock when you ordered them until you asked.. .If there were any real issues most of them were resolved with a 2 min phone call. They've honored warranties, and have given good support when I had an issue with a part

I had both Eric, and Steve helping me out with a rear sway bar issue (that ended up being my own error) late at night (for/after business hours) on a Saturday night.

I can imagine with Eric leaving, there are some things up in the air, and a little bit of scrambling going on till everything gets in place, and sometimes I feel like it can be a combination of the customer and the vendor.

·
vice prez: TPW
8,092 Posts
The horn button may have been me. haha

On 5/22/2016 I received my order from 3SX, with something extra, a 2nd gen horn button. I contacted Alec with 3SX the next day and he got a shipping label my way to return the part. That may have been your horn button and the reason for your delay. haha

-John

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
You want to see some bad parts orders and shipping though, be glad you don't have to deal with my parts department - I've never had so many orders be wrong parts, lost, shipped to the wrong place. damaged from poor packing, etc.. or just never shipped at all. I've shipped cores to my parts dept and they shipped them right back in the same box, unopened and told me it was a fresh stock of parts...

and these are things like 7" Color Displays for gas pumps that cost $8000 after core. So maybe I'm just immune to it when a issue does come up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I had a problem with them with my most recent order. It really wasn't terrible, just a little unprofessional and annoying. I ordered 3SX adjustable control arms from the amazon store and got two sets even though I only ordered and paid for one. Being the honest person I am, I called them up and sent back the extra set. Then I got refunded from their amazon store about a week later. Making so I technically didn't pay for my control arms. At that point, my thoughts were "well, I tried". So I let it go. Then a couple weeks later, I got a voice mail from them, they realized that they messed up when they checked inventory. So they were asking me to send them money for the control arms. The problem was that I bought them using amazon points from my amazon rewards card. So I had to buy another set from amazon so that they would get the money, they just didn't send control arms. They did however send me some stickers which was nice haha. It is a good thing I have a good conscience... Because I could have had a free set of control arms. I love 3SX, but I really hope they figure things out because that wasn't my idea of an organized, reliable business.

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
I had a problem with them with my most recent order. It really wasn't terrible, just a little unprofessional and annoying. I ordered 3SX adjustable control arms from the amazon store and got two sets even though I only ordered and paid for one. Being the honest person I am, I called them up and sent back the extra set. Then I got refunded from their amazon store about a week later. Making so I technically didn't pay for my control arms. At that point, my thoughts were "well, I tried". So I let it go. Then a couple weeks later, I got a voice mail from them, they realized that they messed up when they checked inventory. So they were asking me to send them money for the control arms. The problem was that I bought them using amazon points from my amazon rewards card. So I had to buy another set from amazon so that they would get the money, they just didn't send control arms. They did however send me some stickers which was nice haha. It is a good thing I have a good conscience... Because I could have had a free set of control arms.
Dang I never get deals like that, Buy one get one free haha.

It was nice of you though to do what you did. I think that is more than most people would have.

17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FYI Alec got back to me today and said some of my messages went to his junk mail and they would refund the order. I will post back when I receive the refund.

He suggested people needing to cancel orders should call in the future....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
FYI Alec got back to me today and said some of my messages went to his junk mail and they would refund the order. I will post back when I receive the refund.

He suggested people needing to cancel orders should call in the future....
The only problem with calling is that you don't have record of the conversation. I guess you could just do both.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Anybody know if Daniel also left 3SX? He's been handling my orders for the past 5 years or so that I've had the car and recently it's been Derek and Alec. So far so good but they seem to have had a glitch in their ordering system last week when my order resulted in an error message. I tried a few times and apparently the order went through multiple times. They did e-mail me about it and cancelled the extra orders the next day. A bit hard for some of us to call as we're half way around the world unfortunately...

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I need a replacement Walbro 450lph fuel pump ASAP and was going to order from 3SX because they are usually pretty quick, but then heard about this. And Ninja might also be delayed too, understandably due to Chris' health. And Maximal is gone. Is there any other reliable source that has quick turn around?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts