Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Would you be interested in a poster like this?

• Yes I would

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • No I would not

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I can't make decisions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you read my post in the calendar thread about doing a one page poster size calendar rather than a typical 12 month "flip type" calendar. Anyway... in that post I mentioned doing a Photomosaic poster. Well, I grabbed 50 images from the calendar thread and made a sample image. This isn't the best quality because to make a REALLY nice mosaic 500 - 1000 images are required. So check this out and if it looks like something people are interested in maybe I can get some help in collecting images and setting it up.

The link (150kb image)
http://www.gotreads.com/3si/images/sample.jpg

<BR>

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Thats cool....how did you do that?
ohh and that pic of ruiners car looks like it has more than 50 pictures in it.

-Jeff

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Looks good so far. What software did you use to create the image? I've been thinking about writing my own software to do it. It's not very difficult, it's just time consuming :).

If there's something freely available, I'll use that instead.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
hrmmm...

if you had a large poster, how large would the individual images be? I'd be afraid I couldn't tell my car apart from any other similar colored car!

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
Again how big would each picture be? I would be interested if you could clearly and distinctly recognize each car. Price is another factor.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
aaronpin - WOW! Ahahahha. I love it. Thanks for using my car. ;)

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
If it's poster size, you'll be able to tell the difference between the various cars.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruiner: The picture of your car was perfect for the project.

Poster size can be pretty much any size we want. I'd guess we could get the images to be a 1 inch square. That would be big enough to pick out your car.

We could even use different cars for the main image. Your own car if you want. The biggest challenge is collecting around 500 square images that are 450 x 450 pixels.

·
Demoted user
595 Posts
So...

How did you do it? Photoshop?

-Stefan

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
you need any more pics?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone would like to supply pictures the ones I used are 450x450 (that will allow them to be printed at a good resolution later on). Start collecting them and then we can put them all in one place so everyone can use them for their own mosaics.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
That looks sweet, I would definatly buy one! :D BTW, you want me to e-mail you some more pictures of my car? I got some questions... if you don't care, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. ;) L8tr.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I got tons of pictures so I can help out.
Ohh and about picking our your car....this will take 1000 pics so more than likely more than one pic of your car will be used.

-Jeff

·
Registered
292 Posts
hey I really love that look. I would be interested in purchasing a poster. As someone mentioned earlier, I think we should collect as many quality pics from the board as possible because it could get redundant if we have to repeat the sequence of a limited number of cars over and over. Post when/if you are collecting pics for this project and I will send mine over.

Adam

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
I can provide a lot of pics, or if given a little time I can edit them all to square, 450x450 images.

Let me know.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Call for images

If you have pictures you can email them to [email protected]
Please try to keep the total size to under 3 megs per email.

If you want to crop them to 450x450 pixels and do a "save for web" jpg at 50% quality that would help. If not just send raw images and I can do it.

Thanks!

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Hows it coming along??

-Jeff

1 - 20 of 32 Posts