Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I dont like it and would not spend my money on it

Votes: 5 14.7%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Elmo and I are working on making some 3S T-shirts and sweatshirts. This is a preview of the artwork for the back of the shirts. It will also have some form of 3s logo on the front, in the breast area

I wanted to post this to get some reactions on the artwork, and to see if guys would be interested in buying them. The prices would be as follows. T-shirts would be $15 and Sweatshirts would be $25. The sizes will be from S-3XL.

Thanks guys, and please let me know what you think.

Ty

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
That looks good. I am interested in a T-shirt when you get it all done. You need a picture of the SOHC beast on there though ;) :p :p :p :p :p

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I like it, but it looks like the Stealth has huge exhaust tips.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Yeah, I realized when I was practically done with the image that I had done aftermarket exhuast.

I'm correcting that in the newer artwork I've been working on, the image that Ty has is just a rough draft.

See the Philly gathering thread for more info about the shirts.
The prices may change slightly, as we're finding production costs are higher than anticipated for a quality product; But we're still keeping it as low as possible.

Elton

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
I like the way the Stealth looks with the exhaust tips...

I'd buy one

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
Hell yea I would buy one...the Stealth looks like my car...hehehe...even the exhaust too. :D :D

Chris

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Can we get a shirt with a pocket? That would be great, I think we should have had tee and sweatshirts a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the input guys. Your opinions and input are being very helpful for Elton and I during the process of development. We are trying to cater to the wants and needs of 3si members, the customers.

Dave, I will look into getting T's with a pocket. I cant promise what the distributor has, but I will try my best. Would anyone else be interested in pocketed T's?

Also, as Elton expressed, the cost may go up slightly, only due to production cost. We are not trying to break the bank on these, so any price increases would be strictly due to production cost, such as, more colors in the printing, pocketed shirts, darker colored shirts and things like that. The darker the shirt color, the more the cost. We will still keep the price as low as possible.

Thanks again for all the interest, and we'll keep you guys posted.

Ty and Elton

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Status Update everyone:

Turns out that I don't think I'll have the investment capital to help the board get this shirt/sweat thing underway.

I offered to sell my artwork to Ty, in the event he wants to go the effort alone, but from what he said, he didn't want to commit to that much, since he can do artwork himself. So look for new art, that Ty will create, to be displayed on his upcoming shirts; I know I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

However, the art that you've already seen that I had done, will still be used this one time for the Turkey Gathering sweat that I'm putting together; Ty will still help us out by getting his friend to print them off for us.

I will need to begin collecting the funds for the Sweat from each of you. It will be a 3 color Grey Hooded sweatshirt, featuring both cars, in white, with additional black and red ink graphics around. It will also have a single color image on the front left breast pocket. I'll post the final versions up tonight.

Once we have gathered all funds from anyone who wants the turkey gathering sweat, (whether you're going to be there or not, as this is a limited, single run of the Turkey Meet Sweat; after this run, the screens will be destroyed and the images won't be used again) I'll begin the production process for everyone to ensure that we get them delivered by the meet, so I can cheerfully hand out the sweats to each of you (or ship them if need be)

The cost is $30. This is to allow for production, setup costs (manufacturing of the screens) and delivery. As I said, this is a not for profit endeavor, so, for those of you that DON'T require shipping, because you will be at the gathering, the extra cash will be put into beer and wings for the attendants. So, you will still be getting your money's worth. Obviously, those that can't attend, will get theirs shipped to them. (along with a print of a choice photo from the gathering if I can arrange it properly that day)

If anyone has any questions, comments, or opinions, let me know.

Otherwise, if you'd like to be a part of this, contact me at [email protected] with size information (we offer M,L,XL,and 2XL) and payment details; some of you have already, thanks. :) You can also call me at home, 570-586-1220.

Elton

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
cafepress

check out www.cafepress.com for shirts, sweats, beer steins, boxers, mousepads, coffee mugs..... all you need to do is submit the art, no startup money. They cost a little more, but they're pretty cool. Only gripes are sometimes they take a while to get to you, and the way they print em is on some sort of clear thingy-stuff :)p ) and then...attach it somehow, hehe, so sometimes you can see the outline of the clear-thingy-stuff. The print quality is very good, you can put photos on there. Me and my friend are thinking about taking pics of my pearl yellow SL and his red mustang, add some photoshop, and BAM! custom shirts that only we'll have :)

They give volume discounts I believe, and you can get other colors besides white and grey, but you have to preorder a specific amount, and they cost a little extra. I'd look into it though....

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation dabigv13

I know what you're referring to, I used to do alot of print press shop work. The material you are talking about is called a thermal dye sub transfer. What they do is basically use an inkjet printer loaded with special dyes, and shoot it onto the back of a thermal medium. Then, the thermal medium is heat applied into the fabric, melting itself into the threads.

The only problem with that method is durability. It is a great way of getting a full spectrum of color, as the printer system can dither (like your typical home inkjets) and mix CYMK to produce a four process color. Traditional Silk Screening is a spot color process; that means you only get the colors you select, but they are solid ink colors. The way the thermal material is made, under the heat and duress of repeated washing (like, more than 15) the material begins to break down, and then cracks. Once there are cracks, the washer fluid and soap from the next wash will break down the dye sub inks. :( This leads to HEAVY fading of the images.

I'm shooting for the absolute best quality here, since I think everyone wants the most bang for their buck. I myself plan on using the extra sweat (I plan on buying two) for working on my car outdoors. This means it will get stained with oil and grease often, and will require alot of washing. I Want to make sure these will hold up under time.

Believe me, these will be WELL worth the 30 dollars.

I'm just about done with the graphic for the back of the shirt. It will be about 9" by 10". VERY large. And pretty darn funny, if I may say so myself. :D

I'll post it up in about an hour when I finish up the last touches, and the front image.

Thanks for the continued interest. I truly believe you will not be disappointed at all.

Elton
*edit - typo*

*edit, again - Oh, and of course, if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask me.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Ok friends, here it is.... :D I'm quite proud of the final artwork for this years annual 'Turkey Meet 2001' at King of Prussia, PA.

Here is the Front image, 4" x 4" that will appear on the Left Breast area. (heh, I said breast)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/005/x9/GN/yp/wB57784.jpg

and here is the back image that you have been waiting for. :)

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/003/Ho/Kb/YZ/K363329.jpg

I did not include these inline, as they are kinda big. So I'm leaving it up to the viewer's choice as to when they want to see them, by clicking on them.

Please post comments, opinions, and whether or not you want one. (or just email or call me)

Elton

*edit - Moved the image to a different folder, required a new link *

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok guys, Elton has posted the pic of the gathering shirts. As long as the orders are in and paid for within 2 weeks of the gathering, i will be able to get the shirts done. However, as Elton stated, these shirts are going to be a one time, limited edition run. So please order now if you want one, because there will not be any extras made or available.

As for the other shirts. Elton is not capable to go in on this business venture with me. However, I will still be begining the production of 3s T's and sweats soon. Unfortunely Elton and I could not come close on a deal for his artwork, so i will be doing my own. I plan to have an example up on this thread within the next week.

dabigv13: dude, Elton was being generous when he said those shirts that you were talking about would last for 15 washes. Most times they begin to crack and fade within 7-10 washes. I personally would not get involved with that type of printing, due to the quality of the printing, not to mention what the shirts may be like. A lot of companies use cheap shirts that are not thick or of medium to high quality. They use the cheapest shirts they can get at a bulk rate. I use stictly top of the line T-shirts and sweatshirts, as quality and customer satisfaction is my top priority. If you are interested in doing some type of printing, let me know, as I am actually in the process of starting up my own printing company.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I get the artwork done for my shirts, and thanks again for all the interest.

Ty

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Hey everyone.

If you looked at the Turkey Day graphics, and are interested in the sweat, It's time to order.

I have arranged a final cost of $24 for each. This does NOT include shipping. I'm sure I can get it shipped for less than five bucks.

They are grey, hooded, heavyweight sweatshirts. Sizing is the same as Champion sweat sizes.

The print run starts mid week, Let me know ASAP if you want one of these collectibles :) They'll never be made again.

Thanks,

Elton

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
TTT for the afternoon crew

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Last chance, the order goes in for final size counts this afternoon.

If you want in, contact me asap either by [email protected], or here at work, 570-587-6157

Elton

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.