Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've FINALLY gotten permission to get some suspension upgrades on my car but the wife wants me to get the BEST DEAL. So I thought I'd try something different.

I'm asking all the people who sell aftermarket 3s parts to email me with a price on the following... I'll buy from the place with the LOWEST TOTAL SHIPPED PRICE. Each part price isn't that important, but the TOTAL is.

I'm buying this stuff NOW (well, I'll order next MONDAY) and am absolutely serious on this purchase.

Here's what I'm buying:

1. Cusco rear strut bar
2. Lowering springs, please quote all of these brands if possible: RSR, Intrax, Eibach
3. (maybe) Cone-type intake.

All these should fit a 1991 RT/TT and your quote should include UPS Ground (or equivalent) shipping to 46514. You should be able to have the parts to me by Nov. 23rd if I order on the 12th.

If I purchase from you, I'll make sure I post a good post in the buyer/seller ratings area.

Feel free to post here if you want but you'll probably want to email me, you can do that with the email link below.

THANKS and HURRY WITH THE QUOTES!!

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Yeah, this is definetely a different way to shop. Have the stores come to you! Someone has been watching too many of those commercials where some internet site says that they have people compete for your mortgage or something like that. lol

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
What happened to loyalty?? Just shopping for the best price?? WTF?? Isn't there a price that we're willing to pay for good service?? I am.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments, guys... but part of this is actually sort of a "test". See, I want to do business with the companies that SUPPORT US, not just SELL TO US. You guys touched on this a little (although in a round-about way) in your responses...

most don't spend TOO much time on the board
Exactly... but the ones that DO spend some time (ie. looking to help people with problems, etc.) will see this and hopefully respond.

What happened to loyalty??
I think you can see now, this IS the ultimate in loyalty. Heck, maybe only one shop will reply, that shop is the one that FOLLOWS THE BOARD and HELPS US on a regular basis. A shop that doesn't just TAKE, but GIVES as well.

Isn't there a price that we're willing to pay for good service??
Why, yes there is, BUT for simply shipping a part to me on a timely basis, there isn't much "service" involved. If a shop was installing them or something, I'd care much more. But my requirements are simple; Get it to me by the date posted and give me a good deal. That's all the service I need in this case. And again, if you look DEEPER into "service" as in "service to the 3s community", the ones that DO serve us will be the ones replying.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
shops compete for ur business... i like that idea.... we should have a "I wana buy ____ " forum... :D shops go in and bid for our business... hehe..

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
hehe..
"Shop 1: I can sell it to you for $1,253.43"
"Shop 2: I can sell it to you for $1,253.42"
on and on..:D

Not a bad idea though...the shops should know that they're always going to get business from the members of this board.

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Zentelis said:
"Shop 1: I can sell it to you for $1,253.43"
"Shop 2: I can sell it to you for $1,253.42"
on and on..

And, one hundred and twenty five thousand, three hundred and forty or so posts later, I'll Say enough is enough, and just cut the check to the last offer.

;)

:D :D :D

E

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I saw this post, but I didn't respond. Cut the lowest price may be good for you, but how are the 3/S shops supposed to stay in business when they aren't making a profit. I thought this was a bad idea so I'm not going to give you a price quote. If you would like to email me personally for a price quote on these products, then feel free to do so.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hans, no offense but your loss. You could spend 2 minutes sending me a quote, of course you'd MAKE MONEY because your quote would be more than what you pay for the part (wouldn't it?). Did I ask the shops to quote me so low that they lose money? Nope. I just asked them to quote me the lowest they'd sell the stuff for.

You don't "lose money" by selling at a discount, you know.

What's the difference, really? I post here, you respond... or I email you directly and you respond... not much of a difference.

How are you supposed to stay in business if you don't sell anything or take the initiative to get business?

So it's really your choice.. get yourself into the running by sending me a quote, or be hard-headed and let someone else have the business.

BTW I got this idea from a site that I frequent for MY business... people post audio production jobs and get quotes. I spend about 1/2 hour a day on the site and get LOTS of business from the quotes I send out. See, those people wouldn't have found me if I didn't find them. I wouldn't have had that business if I didn't take the initiative. Sure, I don't make AS MUCH money but I formulate my quotes for the lowest I would take and still make a reasonable profit. Oh, yeah, I have to PAY to be on that site, and I make my money back many times over. One client started as a $150 project, I now do over $12,000 a year with that client.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Well, my loss could be your loss as well if you don't want to email me.

You could be missing out on the best deal out there because you didn't take the initiative to shoot me an email.

See, it works both ways.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I'm just saying that people will drop their prices so low to get your loyalty, that they won't make any money just in hopes you will buy again or spread their name around. I give my best deals to everyone, so if you want a price quote feel free to ask.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I like this idea, but why limit it to car parts?

I'm asking all women who want to have sex with me to email me. Your parts should fit a 43-year-old slightly-balding Caucasian male with a house that is redolent of the San Diego Zoo's tiger pit. Your quote should include shipping you via UPS or Greyhound to 64011. I want this NOW. If I purchase you, I'll make sure I post a good post in the buyer/seller ratings area.No looky-looks please.

Call now, call often.
Our fat bastards are standing by to take your order.
Our lines are open.
C'mon, call dammit.
Those lines are still open. Yep. We're just dying to take your call.
Anyone? Please?

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,450 Posts
Andrew Caple said:
I like this idea, but why limit it to car parts?

I'm asking all women who want to have sex with me to email me. Your parts should fit a 43-year-old slightly-balding Caucasian male with a house that is redolent of the San Diego Zoo's tiger pit. Your quote should include shipping you via UPS or Greyhound to 64011. I want this NOW. If I purchase you, I'll make sure I post a good post in the buyer/seller ratings area.No looky-looks please.

Call now, call often.
Our fat bastards are standing by to take your order.
Our lines are open.
C'mon, call dammit.
Those lines are still open. Yep. We're just dying to take your call.
Anyone? Please?
LMAO......Classic Andrew!!!!:)

Bob.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
I agree with HANS. This post is not a way for the shops to show loyalty to the community. Basically, you are asking the shops to low ball each others price, untl they don't make any money. And that will also cause animosity between the shops.

I imagine only the smaller shops would be willing to do something like this. And they are the shops who have the smallest profit margin. They are also the shops most likely to fall under if they sell at zero profit.

You know which shops most support the community, GZP, 3SX, Dynamic racing, DNP(whose parts are all custom), AAM, and GTPRO. These are all shops that started for the 3000GT(although some are expanding). They all support the community by innovating new products and doing things that weren't done before. IE a Auto to 5speed conversion, or a manifold that Adapts TD05 housings to the 6G72.

They don't support the community by lowering their prices till they can't support themselfs anymore.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tquilla, I think you should re-read the OP... I am not asking for a "reverse auction"... I just want them to email me their best price. They decide the price, and they decide how much profit they are willing to take compared to the risk of getting/not getting my business. I'm not asking them to "compete", just to quote. The understanding, though, is that they'd give the BEST price.

How is this ANY different that ANY OTHER BIDDING SITUATION? What's different about it? I bid on projects EVERY DAY for my business... I win some, I lose some. But when I win, I always make a profit.

Businesses that just sit there and wait for customers to come in are the ones that will go under. Businesses that go out and TRY to get customers are the ones that will survive.

Disrespectful? I think not. It's disrespectful for a shop to EXPECT business from us without giving back to the 3s community. When's the last time you saw someone from the "main" vendors posting on this board? Some are very active... others just expect us to buy from them.

I've already found a GREAT price at Summit Racing and probably would save money going there (and hassle, based on the response I've gotten so far), BUT I'd rather do business with DEDICATED SHOPS that SUPPORT 3si and our community. So I opened this up, heck one shop refuses to take part because it's not ME making the first contact (it wasn't me?), who knows what the other shops think... I guess we'll find out.

They are also the shops most likely to fall under if they sell at zero profit.
No, actually I think ANY shop selling for zero profit would go under. I am NOT asking anyone to sell at zero profit. I'm asking them to give me their best price. That's all I'm asking.

They don't support the community by lowering their prices till they can't support themselfs anymore.
Did I ask them to support the community by lowering prices (then again, that's what a "Group Buy" is, isn't it?)?? No, I posted an open request for a quote... if a shop sees it, that means they at least READ the board... and therefore maybe post answers to questions or make themselves available to us (ie. support us).

Oh, and any company that "lowers their prices till they can't support themselves anymore" deserves to go out of business. Again, I'm asking for their BEST DEAL... not a no-profit deal.

Another thing... isn't this how just about everyone shops for a new car... or new furniture, etc?? They find what they want, then shop for the best price (and service, but I already explained that). That's all I'm doing, with the exception that I'm asking the SHOPS to come to ME. And even then, it's not really THAT... if you think of my post as a "bulk email" to all of the shops to read, all they have to do is RESPOND to it. It's just not sent directly to their specific email address. That's the ONLY difference.

Again, everyone needs to re-read the OP... I'm not asking for an auction or a public quote...

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Whats the problem with just emailing the 5 shops and seeing what their quote is?

About Group buys, Shops have them, because if they buy products in bulk, then they can save money, and therefore pass on the savings. Or they are willing to make less cost per item, but more overall.

Also, some shops do group buys to help them reach a certain quota with Manufaturers. IE If shopX sells 30 sets of Enkie wheels in a month, they can reach distributer status. Allowing them to get to a better price, and in turn sell wheels to other shops.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whats the problem with just emailing the 5 shops and seeing what their quote is?
There's no problem doing that EXCEPT THIS WAY, it's a way to see which shops actually WATCH the board. And that's an indirect way to see if they are supporting 3si. That's the only difference. I've said this 30 times so far.

·
2,994 Posts
I wounldn't get those part if I was you. The lowering springs may cost you more money in the long run cuase of all the tires you destroy because of the camber is offcentered. Tires are very expensive. I also would prefer the front and rear strut bars offered by the people that support this board by makeing them specificly for our cars. As for the intake, K&N stopped making that cheap for the the eclips so I don't know what to tell you there. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts