Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Tahlequah Oklahoma with has a pop of about 15k when college is in and I have noticed here lately ALOT of 3S's for this small town. Mostly manual laborers and students live here. Here's what ive seen lately

My 91 VR4 Red *mods below*
Buddies 92 VR4 Black *chrome wheels and a/m exhaust*
1st gen RT/TT Black
1st gen RT White
1st gen RT Red
1st gen ES Silver
1st Gen ES? Blue *on this board i believe*
2nd gen SL Black
2nd Gen SL Red
1st Gen SL White
1st Gen SL red *says he has a TT Auto* :rolleyes:
2nd Gen VR4 Red
1st Gen VR4 Red *cool wheels and exhaust*
1st Gen SL Red *a/m exhaust*
1st Gen ES Silver *torn up pretty bad*
and another buddy of mine just bought a SL *not sure of color*

Thats seems like alot for this small town...

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I see a LOT of 3/S here, but the vast majority are N/A. I've probably seen about 5 diff 1st gen stealth tt, 2 2nd gen stealth tt, 5 diff 1st gen VR4, and 3 diff 2nd gen VR4. I've seen most of these only a couple of times though.

population here is about 120,000

·
Registered
606 Posts
NONE! then again i don't actually live in any "town" i live out in the sticks in a township:rolleyes: . the nearest town of St. Clair has about 5k people and there isn't one 3S. as for surounding areas...
-Silver 2nd gen R/T down the road from me a few miles near Richmond.
-Red 1st gen R/T north a few miles in Marrysville
-White 1st gen ES in East China Twp. (i live in China, yes that's right, China Twp.)
Now for the huge metropolis known as Port Huron:rolleyes: (about 1/2 hour north of hear where i go to school)
-Blue 1st gen R/T w/ some nice rims but kinda riced out with chrome trim all over it
-Red 2nd gen base model Stealth
-Red 2nd gen SL (first 3000GT i'd ever seen in person, they're EXTREMELY rare around here which is why i'm kinda leaning more towards a 3k than a Stealth)

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Yeah, my town is around 30k and close to a 50+k town... I see a 3s almost every time I drive...

Of note:

a HOT blonde in a 2nd gen 3000GT non-turbo. Have seen her at the 7-11 about 3 times but she's always pulling out and my wife is always with me. :(

John Monnin's (of course)

Another Pearl white RT/TT in South Bend but just in passing

a pimped out base 3kgt, red with those chrome wheelwell trims, etc.

A white 2nd gen 3kgt with an old guy driving

A red base stealth at the HS nearby

·
2,248 Posts
My town is a college town (East TN State Univ) and I see a lot of 3/S cars running around. The vast majority are base models with maybe a rare SL or RT to be sited. Total # of TT/VR-4: 3 including mind (and one that goes to ETSU but doesn't live here).

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
what's wrong with the base models? ;) What really sucks is that I thought that there were only two models of stealths/3000gts. I didn't know there was a "better than base" stealth out there when I bought my car. Apparently I should have gotten the ES. haha. I am a moron. Oh well. I knew I wanted a Stealth and I found a good one at a good price. I couldn't afford the TT nor the insurance on one, so I got my baby. I love it......wouldn't mind if it had turbos though ;) ...................

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
My car
Wes H.
1st gen black VR-4 by superstar video
1st gen white Stealth TT next to the old dominos
1st gen 3000GT green (i tried to chase him down one night, apparently he thought i crazy and never pulled over)
96 SL blue around campus

uhmm.. thats about it...
oh yeah.. and a 99 SL black i see driving every once in a while by a lady prolly in her 40s.. :(

Wes - We really need to start putting 3Si fliers on their cars. ;)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Red 2nd gen SL
Green Vr4 2nd gen - Driven by hot blonde
Red 2nd gen with Tantrums i think
Black ES first gen
white e/s *pos condition - at school*
Black SL 92 '
Black SL 93 *mine*

I dont know I see a few everyday and my friends say there is a lot of them at the colleges they go to. Then the local car lot always had 2-3 sometimes more. I've only seen that one VR4 driven by the hottie.

-Jeff

·
Registered
20 Posts
I usually see about 3-4 3s on the road every day in the Morris County NJ area. If I have class ill see about 5-6 more in the parking deck, usually 1 es, 1 base gt, 1 sl, and 3 vr4s.

·
Registered
281 Posts
my town

I live in a town/city with about 30,000 people, which is not a big city at all. We have about the same amount of Supras as we do 3/S here. I have the only TT 3/S in my town, while all the Supras are TT. There is also 1 RX7 (N/A) and a handful of 300zx's all N/A.

·
Registered
987 Posts
When I was 13, I saw my first 99 VR-4! holy shit, it was sweet, pearl white, it was parked right outside of PC Richards, and stood out from every other car in the parking lot, I will never forget the day. (even tho I didn't know that they did a face lift in 99, I just thaught it was a body kit, until later i relised that was what 99's looked like:p)..Hey, cut me some slack, I was 13!!:D

Theres a couple of 3/S's nearby, although VR-4s are VERY RARE. (which is a good thing:))

Theres about 2 Stealth ES's (1st gen) in my school, a blue 95-96 SL close by thats always parked by this building. oh, and that 99 3000GT SL VR-4 I saw parked in the mall!:rolleyes:

The first time i saw (noticed!) a VR4 was when i was 11. (YES, I dunno how i remember, but i didn't forget it.!) It was a 97-98 style 3000GT VR4, BRIGHT RED, Shiny stock chrome rims, TOTALY Sweet! I remember coming out the mall and seeing it parked by the curb..oh man..it looked Sweet!

·
Registered
159 Posts
there's a lot around here too. All N/A like me.
Kinda disappointing really.
I've seen one hot chick driving a red 2nd gen around here somewhere though. Oh, and there's a guy who lives in the same apartment complex who's got a 99 Base. But he always has a car cover over the damn thing! Oh well, I guess its to keep people's drool off of the paint :D

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
There are about 5 in my town, which is pretty big.
2 green base
1 green SL
1 Silver 94-96 with 97-98 spoiler.
And of course, my Pearl Yellow VR-4:D I'm the only pimp in town!!!:cool: ;)

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
There seems to be a few here, seen alot in passing or parked on Pitt campus. But then again there are a handfull of Supra's, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Lotus's. So its kind of a nice diversity here.

If anyone is in or near Pittsburgh, PA send me an email and well get together...

·
Registered
636 Posts
NOTHINGS WRONG with a base model ... :D
hey i'm just glad its not a civic right guys?

·
Registered
555 Posts
there are a couple in my like 2k population town.

1st gen red Vr4- chick's car
(3) 1st gen black base- including mine
and a blue stealth es

one of the black bases doesnt have a spoiler on it and it throughs the lines of the whole car off. it looks like shit, ill have to snap a few pics of it.
-Greg

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
Dave? Are you and Ryan going to pick up that BOV and MBC this weekend? If you drop by my house, tell my roommate the stuff you want is on the table in the weightroom where the Bowflex is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Austin, Tx

I live in Austin TX ... and i have only seen maybe 10 - 15 different 3/S ... White base with body kit at my highschool, Red base at my high school, white SL that used to go to my high school, a black 2nd gen 97 pr 98 vr4, a red 1992 vr4, and 4 vr4's have been sold at local dealerships ... a yellow vr4 spyder, black 1995 vr4, red 1995 vr4, and a 1996 vr4, then the car that i am trying to buy .. a black 1996 vr4 from a private dealer ..... i have prolly seen about 5 or 6 other 3/s but they were all on the road ..... i think that there are way to many in that small town af 15k people .. austin hase like a million peope i think ... wierd .. there arent many 3/s in texas

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i just drove back from a business trip in my stealth tt... from manassas, va <1/2hr away from DC> to pittsburgh, pa.. i only saw ONE 3si. And that was a 1st gen blue stealth ES. That color looks very sweet. <if that blue stealth owner was on I76 <pa turnpike> around 2 or so, I was the one who gave you the thumbs up :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts