Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to post here also. Started on Facebook to turn the negative atmosphere, positive and push some results. It's been evolving a bit, but my edits are captured also. The list will stay updated on Facebook. This is just to bring attention.

May as well jump into the action...

First AWD, 6g7x in a 3S chassis, to break Garrett’s 1/4 mi ET (whatever it is at the time) and regain #1 spot will get $500 from me. Has to back up the time with another run within a week of first run.

Only caveat, winner must display a 4Gswap sticker somewhere on the car that’s visible. (Doesn’t have to be crazy, like on windshield). Just a nice conversation starter for s&g. ��

Maybe others will jump in to the “bounty” to push the 6g’s to the front. Seems like it would be smart for actual 6g/3S shops. Unfortunately I have nothing to gain ��

My 5 hundo is open for 2019 and all of 2020. Bounty ends December 31, 2020.

Edit:
☑Tyler Maggart first to bump in $50
☑Phoenix Nicholas $50
☑Josh Throckmorton $100
Cullen Shanahan$100
☑Abraham Orozco Brockmann $50
Adn N Bzmi $100
Casey Spivey $50
☑Jacob Segars $50
☑ Eric Englert $500
☑Tyler Hershey $50
☑Otis Baxster $200
David Snook $50

☑#KakPerformance If a racer uses a kakblock I’ll refund all labor/machine work costs if he breaks Garrett’s record.

#IMR If they are running an IMR turbokit I'll refund half the cost of the kit. That's a $1500 value!

Total Cash Bounty: $1350
Plus Kakperformance bounty
Plus IMR bounty

Edit: this is a “doorcar” bounty. Not an exo cage. Needs to be recognizable as a 3S. So functioning doors, all windows of some sort (can be lexan or optic armor), stock steel rear quarters, stock steel roof channels, stock suspension mounting points, cannot alter engine position more than 2”, cannot alter wheel base more than 2”. So pretty standard, doorcar rules.

Edit2: guys with ☑ next to name have decided that Garrett should earn it too if he can fend off the entire 6g racing platform. He’ll get the bounty from us that have agreed, if he can fend off all the 6g guys through the end of 2020. He can’t let anyone beat him (and back it up) at all. Only takes one person takes the #1 spot (and back it up) and they get the bounty, even if later in year, he surpasses them again.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
This is a fun idea, I hope it actually goes somewhere, and maybe motivates some builds to actually progress.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in for $100.

Cool. I’ll add you. You on Facebook also?

And do you want to make the $100 available for reverse bounty to Garrett?

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts

Told you to post here, some old timers don't do Facebook lol That bounty may keep rising

·
Pro xfercase destroyer
5,412 Posts

I'm on Facebook, but no idea where this conversation was going on. I don't hang out in the "big" groups - too much noise.

If there's not at least a couple of solid competitors then I'm not sure on the reverse bounty. I don't even know who have cars actually built and will go to the track to compete for this.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm on Facebook, but no idea where this conversation was going on. I don't hang out in the "big" groups - too much noise.

If there's not at least a couple of solid competitors then I'm not sure on the reverse bounty. I don't even know who have cars actually built and will go to the track to compete for this.
It's in the 3sgto facebook group. But I can just add your name with your screen name from here.

No one is close to the ET, but there are a lot of big builds. Two big power autos that haven't put it all together yet to make a solid pass, but have potential. And I tune a budget decent power car that I finally convinced to go auto. Not sure what else is cooking up.

As for reverse bounty, lot of talk on supporting the platform and specifically the most vocal "4ghaters" say they support Garrett just hate a 4Gswap. After thinking about it, I say let's prove it. (BTW, well over half the 6g bounty is made up of Pro 4G guys so far. They may have thought their money was safe with Garrett not getting beat, but the 4Gguys also have all approved the reverse bounty, so literally put their money with their mouth is)

So...if a 6g racer takes the #1 spot (with a back up pass) from Garrett at any time between now and end of 2020, they get the bounty; even if Garrett re-takes the record before the end of 2020. So he has to fend off every single 6g racer and not let anyone take #1 even once. IF he does that all the way through 2020, then he gets the Bounty (from those that have agreed to the "reverse" bounty as I'm calling it. Not all have agreed and I get it. That turns from a bet to a donation. So now, I'm donating $500 regardless; where as before, it was a carrot that I thought was pretty safe. lol)

He's been out there busting ass. Taking shit from the 4ghaters and now I put a target on his back. 6g guys get to benefit from all of the pushing he has done on lightweighting the chassis as well as what we've learned on autos. There is already a little coattail riding with some of those builds. Seems fair to me that he gets some financial support from the community if he fends off the 6g attackers.

It's on! What's Garrett's # now?
8.29 at 168......so far

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are up to $1600 cash Bounty for 6g's. Still working on the Reverse Bounty, its for sure $1050, but may go higher.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1) David W has a 3.7 monster twin turbo auto that is going after it. He probably has the best shot that I know of
2) possibly Andre. Still has the car, but some life shit is in the way now. It could clear up in time.
3) jacob is going auto and will push until shit blows up
4) special project that I can’t talk about. Could have a shot.
5) on FB, DMC says his car will run low 8’s no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a great website! And I found me on it lol

Seems to be missing some other old schools guys like Trevor and Adam VR4.

·
Pro xfercase destroyer
5,412 Posts
I didn’t realize I was on that site, that’s cool. No way my car will do anything better than high 10s in its new configuration though, and I parted out my drag car project before it ever made a pass in order to acquire the Stingray.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I feel like this chase for top spot needs to be filmed for a documentary. Keep this memory alive for years to come. Haha.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel like this chase for top spot needs to be filmed for a documentary. Keep this memory alive for years to come. Haha.
Garrett's car gets filmed a lot at 1/8mi No Preps and 1/4mi events. No one will take the spot from him by the end of 2020, so just watch his coverage ;) Just putting my stake in the ground. :D

But if someone actually tries, I agree, would be cool.

edit: I'm going to try, but of course, v8 powerglide is different. lol. Our blocks and cranks can hold about the same power though ~1500hp max in theory, before we both need a different block/crank. My car is 750lbs heavier though. That's the most impressive thing about his car. (besides him being a wreckless not job with boost) I still can't fathom how he did it with a 25.5 cage and still has glass rear and front. Only lexan door windows.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will do the reverse bounty once there are two known 6G competitors going after this thing, and may up my contribution when that happens.

Great idea! I hope more people get involved in this!
IMR shop car is going after it too.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts