Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for this but found no useful results. I just got a 97 3000gt n/a. It came with the single din stock stereo (two 2 inch openings). I just bought an aftermarket deck and need to install it. If somebody knows of a quick way to get the stock head unit out it would be a real help. I don't want to spend 2 hours ripping apart the console and dash to get that f'n thing out. Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
is it that different from earlier models?
I know on mine there's a plastic frame that snaps around the face of the HU, under it are 4 screws, remove those along with 2 on the sides to get access to which you gotta remove the carpet on the sides of the center console. sorry if yours is completely different, just trying to help...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that it is different than the earlier models. I know that some of the older ones, especially the SL and VR4's had double din stereos, but mine has a single din with regular size (2 inch high) stock radio. The opening is 4 inches but there is a spacer below the stereo. I am jsut trying to see if there is an easy way to pop it out without performing major dashboard surgery

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet, thanks. I didn't realize what people were talking about when they said pry off the plastic panel. But now that I have looked at it it looks real easy. Thanks for the help

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
just don't stab it...thats not a good thing:p

if ou don't wanna pry it off, you can just take off the shift boot, shove your arm in there and pop it out behind. either way is fairly simple.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts