Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it's only a 328 but i promised a kill story... ;)

getting onto 422 on my way home this evening i quickly pulled over into the left hand lane from the on ramp. i see in the rear view some lights come bobbing through traffic and then a 328 pulls up to my rear bumper in the other lane, then paces me. being behind a suv there wasn't a whole lot i could do so i just cruised along. he pulls up ahead of me and then zips ahead... which of course prompted me to follow... he cut back into the left hand lane and once again i followed and then traffic opens up in front of him, away he goes to ~100mph with me following easily along, i couldn't get in the other lane to race him tho because of traffic. after another two miles or so traffic opened up again and i dipped out around him and we both slowed down a little, about 40 mph or so. i look over and he guns it a little, i did the same and then he started to pull hard so i put it down :D ... as george says, "and away we GO!" i pulled on him pretty well up to 80 or so where we caught up to traffic, perhaps 3/4 of a car ahead by then, coming from slightly behind him. we got to play in traffic a little more but no more lining up because of rush hour, he stayed with me the whole way tho. finally i cut across to my exit and he followed, he must live nearby ;) i started to turn into my left turn lane, he went straight to turn right but before he did so he flashed his hi's sayin good racing n good night, i gave him the off-on light flicker to let him know the same. i think ya gotta give respect to anything ya race, win or lose, as long as it's a race and not a walk in the park :D anyway, there's the kill story i promised, hopefully we'll meet up again under better racing conditions and i can really show him what she's got :D til then, safe travels n safe racing.

- mike

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Nice run Mike. I need to run w/ someone:) .

Black94VR4

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Black94VR4 said:
Nice run Mike. I need to run w/ someone:) .

Black94VR4
LMAO!!!...dont bother running with Mike I am sure he will eat your car alive. :D :p :D

Good Kill man....good to see you kept your promise and finally put up some kills. And again I will be the first to say it. " That is one more for the N/A guys " HEHE:D

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks minh and 4u2nv!

minh would take me over his knee and spank me HARD, just like he did the time we lined up at maple grove ;) i can't believe you haven't gotten any good races tho man, you must be doing something wrong, car's too stealthy or something :D

yes, that is another one for the na fellows tho!

- mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mike,

First of all, lemme just say congrats on the kill. :D
Reading your post though, it's not exactly clear whether you had an easy time with the 328 or whether he gave you good competition. Can you clarify a bit more. The new (2000) 328 has 193hp and the older one (upto '99) has somewhere around 170hp. Considering your mods, you should have been able to walk all over a 328 without much resistance. The M3 would be more suited to run against you (pre 2001 ofcourse).
The M3 has such a fierce reputation amongst car enthusiast for being a really "fast" car (this is even before the new M3 came out). A friend of mines has a '98 M3 (240hp) and I'm not terribly impressed by it. I always heard about how fast they were until I raced my friend from a stoplight with my '93 SL. Both cars at the time were stock, and ran neck and neck all the way. I thought for sure he'd take me, but he couldn't. We have never raced on the highway, but I have driven his car plenty of times and I can tell you that it isn't much faster than mine, if any at all. And now that I have some mods under my hood and he's still running stock, I'm sure I can take him (from the line or on the highway). So next time you see a 3 series(including the M3), go for it!!

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for the confusion, i had an easy time with the 328. from 40mph to 80 mph i pulled approx a car length on him, didn't downshift either, 3rd gear pull. i pulled from about 1/4 behind him to 3/4 in front of him by 80; it was a brand spankin' new one. it would have been far worse from stop to 100, lemme tell ya :D i have run the old m3 and taken it down, one was close but no real trouble with 'em, i'm 3/3. the new one would mop up the floor with me tho ;) haven't had a chance to run one yet. i get some good races with 330's for some reason, they are swift little cars; haven't lost to one yet but that it's bound to happen eventually. anyway, thanks for pointing out the confusion, hope this helps, safe travels and racing.

- mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Chansigril wrote
i get some good races with 330's for some reason, they are swift little cars; haven't lost to one yet but that it's bound to happen eventually.
The 330's are 225hp and the 330xi's are 225hp with awd....that's the reason why they give you more of a race.

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that would explain it, i don't think i've ever run a xi tho... that would prob take me down, esp from a stop. runs with straight 330s are tight as is, i won one but the other was even competition, neither of us pulling really. thanks for the info!

- mike

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Speaking of the M3's, a kid that I know in school has a 96 M3 imported from Europe. From what he tells me they had about 320hp in the M3 in 96 in Europe. He is also taking a 100 shot of nitrous. He hasnt run it on the track though, I hope he does before removing the Nitrous that he has, I really wanna know what he runs. DAMN!:p.

He might be some good compitition for you Mike. HEHE:D :p :D

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with a 100 shot i don't think i could keep up :D would be a fun run tho. i don't know about the whole european m3 having 320hp tho, that's a big leap, what was different i wonder, or is he pulling your leg? you must go to a pretty nice school... i thikn the finest car in my school was a frickin' nova that was crazy fast ;) altho there were a bunch of lexus' and whatnot, main line pa ya gotta love it. hell, i had a caddy cimarron in high school, cost me $2k was a 5 spd w/ leather interior etc. that car was fine ;) now i'm 25 drivin' my r/t, come a little ways since them high school days...

- mike

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Hey Mike, I'll have to convince my mom that I need to take her 3.0L Z3 out ;). I want to see if Mommy's car will kick your ass as much as my Daddy's car :D.... just playing wit cha ;)

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daddy's car frickin KILLED me except for the one time we went from a stop and i stayed ahead until about 70 or so and then there ya went like i was standin' still ;) i would love to run your mom's z3, i haven't had a chance to run any altho i've kinda tried, i don't really push people. don't think it would be as bad as dad tho :D we'll hafta see, i'll work on your mom next time i'm down there, assuming you got that stuff outta her living room :D glad to see ya got the parts btw, hope you enjoyed yer evenin' last night.

- mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
chansigril wrote
i don't know about the whole european m3 having 320hp tho, that's a big leap, what was different i wonder, or is he pulling your leg?
It's true...the European spec M3's have been running 320hp for years now. I don't know why they decided to make the American version so weak.....up until earlier this year, that is.

·
Registered
467 Posts
For some reason I thought you ran a Ferrari 328. I was about to tell you about my 308/328 story when I realised you ran the BMW 328. Good job anyway, though you probably wouldn't have much problems with a Ferrari either. For a Ferrari, they're slow. Took one by a lot when I was stock+ K&N+boost control. Whipped it like a Honda.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
ZC3000 said:

It's true...the European spec M3's have been running 320hp for years now. I don't know why they decided to make the American version so weak.....up until earlier this year, that is.
That lucky bastard...hehe:D . So he wasnt leing to me. Damnit I was actually hoping he was so I could bust his balls a bit. HEHE:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Danny Boy,

You may have taken a Ferrari 328 with your turbo version, but Chansigril has a N/A car, so the BMW 328 is a little more up his alley than the Ferrari 328.
Nice kill on the Ferrari 328 though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thanks. I think that the 328s only had 250 HP, but I may be wrong. I think a well tuned DOHC could hang with them.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Danny Boy said:
Thanks. I think that the 328s only had 250 HP, but I may be wrong. I think a well tuned DOHC could hang with them.
Actually there was a Thread loooong ago that had a DOHC keeping up with a Farrari until really high speeds such as 130 and that is when the Farrari started pulling away.;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
4u2nv wrote
Actually there was a Thread loooong ago that had a DOHC keeping up with a Farrari until really high speeds such as 130 and that is when the Farrari started pulling away.
DOHC can be any of three models of the 3000GT/Stealth. Are you reffering to a VR4/TT?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts