Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a local gathering of sports cars in the area, alot of hype was in the air between 2 of the attending cars. One: MY BPU+ Spyder VR4... and Two: an 89 300ZX Turbo. I had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen given the track history of both cars but we figured it would be fun none the less.
A caravan of about 10 cars all headed off into the boonies to a place that was used as a local 1/4 mile. We were racing from bridge to bridge and I actually had an odd rush of adrenaline. (Especially since we'd been broken up by the cops earlier that night) We pulled up side by side at the bridge with a flagger in the middle. I heard the Z tacking up.. (windows down) but I stayed pretty calm.. tacked up to 4.5k and when the hands were lowered I was off. Chirped all 4 tires (I love AWD) as he burned out in the other lane.. I wound first out and shifted faster than i think I ever had in my life.. I was just about to shift out of 2nd... Around 70MPH and I could see the Z aprox. 6-7 cars behind. (This is verrified by me and my passenger (who was in the car to verify speed) ) then right as I was shifting into 3rd a deer jumped out and we both slammed on our breaks.. when my BOV went off.. he ran into the woods LOL.. but that was the end of our run.. needless to say I wasnt walking away from him.. in third I was RUNNING :) Anyway so I pulled over where everyone was watching and the Z owner remarked.. "That was worthless" what a wonderful night of racing.. I just hope I dont have to shut any more trash talkers up LOL.. Have a great night everyone.. God bless.

Jon

·
Registered
267 Posts
good job!

My first kill was a 300ZX too. a '90 Auto Non Turbo 300ZX.

I have a 96 5speed Non Turbo.... it was fun. The guy was my roomate. he got his car about 5 days before i got mine. We had to test them out. ;-)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
LMAO---that damn deer. He ruined the race, only 6 car lengths!!:D NICE KILL!

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
six to seven car lenghts is pretty damn good for only two gears, nice kill

·
Registered
61 Posts
The launch is everything but good kill the awd is sweet i had to work on my friend's rt for him and while i was under the car i was checking it out very impressive.:) I'm going to try a pic to see if if works

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Jon -

Excellent kill. I *TOLD* you there was nothing to worry about! So what became of that LT1? Did he see you womp the 300ZX and decide to leave well enough alone? :)

scottyMIz said:
76 280z with an 81 zxt motor
Mods:
370cc injectors
3" exhaust
18 psi of boost
[email protected]
Man! I would kill for 18 psi. Even without 2nd gear, if I could hold something more than ~11 psi to redline I would be in the 12.7s all day long!

I just need more boost. That's all... more boost... Is that too much to ask? Why Mitsubishi, why? Why did you go cheap on the fuel systems for our cars? *WHY*!?!?!?! :sob:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LT1 didnt show but.. I've become sort of legendary now LOL nobody wants to mess with me!

Jon

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Nice kill man. :D ;)
When you think you could make it up too Lexington? Shoot me an e-mail. :)

·
F orum Whore/troll
847 Posts
lol those z31 only have 210 bhp stock. SOHC single turbo. i guess he was some what modded? lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He had Intake, Exhaust, and one other mod but It keeps slipping my mind.. obviously it was nothing to important...

Jon

·
Registered
15 Posts
84-89 z31s had only 200bhp. 87-89 only had a T25 turbo. intake and exhaust prob only netted him a total of 215 hp.

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Blasted 300ZXs

OK, I really have nothing against them, except one egged me on today in to running him and we happened to pass a cop going the other way while we were cresting 120 MPH. I looked in the rear view and saw the cop turn on his blinker and turn in to the median, so you know what was up. Luckily we were just coming out of the mile + straight we had been playing down and in to a curve to the right. As soon as I lost sight of the cop around the curve I nailed the brakes, took a quick right followed by a left, another left, and another left on to a highway that intersects the one we were racing on. I drove down about 1/2 miles, then pulled a U-turn. I was totally lost, but I just happened to come back up on the highway where the fiasco started on. Took yet another left turn and minded my Ps and Qs all the way to work.

Moral of the story: Don't street race on a widely used road at 7 A.M.!

It sucks, too... My GSX was reeling him in like it wasn't even funny until that cop decided to do his job. The nerve of that guy! I wonder if he got the 300ZX???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts