Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GCtech Motorsports
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the semi-finals i get to line up against a supra tt , My damn VPC was tripping it wont let me go avobe 15psi i'll get fuel cut so so a 14psi and a75 shot nitrous thati had , i knew it wouldnt be enought to smash that supra , so at the last minute i gt a hold of a 110shot I switch the shot turn my bottle heater on pressure was at 1300psi just perfect i set my EVC IV at .90 bar , and set my stage rev. limiter to 4750rpm's we line up i flip my Nitrous switch stage lights goes green I spin the 4 wheels hit the switch before even changing to second there is this big BANG!!!!! and lots of smoke pops from the engine bay , car shuts down.
and it never started again .. im still trying o find out what happend, Im oing to start taking the engine apart tomorrow first thing in the morning ...........

Now, is it true that if the wrong size hose from the plenum to the VPC pressure sensor will make the VPC trip due to the reason
that it wont send the signal fast enough , so this will cause fuel cut? correct me if im wrong.

Finally , since Im going to redo my motor it is time to install my twin T66 setup!!!:D

later
Gilbert
GCT automechanic
racing engineering

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Damn, that sucks!!!!!

What times did you run before blowing up?

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
So did you get any full runs? If you did...what did it run?

Sorry about your VPC causing early fuel cut. I don't think the vaccum line going to the VPC pressure sensor will cause it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sorry to hear that Gilbert......

I had the same problem too before i had my VPC in the car.I used to have the ARCII unit.I start hitting fuel cut before 1.0bar just like you,even after i swap my turbo with GT357.

I think its your EVC IV acting up,more likely in my opinion.My EVC IV wont boost over 1.0bar.Then i switch to Greddy proffec B.....i still have that in the car right now.I've gone as far as 1.7-1.8 bar(22-24psi) with it.I think its that fuzzy logic system start to acting up,not the VPC.As for hose size i dont think it will cause fuel cut,but if its big enough to cause vacuum leak then maybe.

Way to represent bro;)....sorry to hear you blow that up tho,atleast the engine died in the battle field.So what did you run with 14psi & 75shot......when i bent my rod i was running 24psi + 100shot.It was a test run,never had the chance to see the track.

Good luck on your rebuilt.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Guys, remember this is the guy talking smack on THIS THREAD about that single turbo setup thingy that obviously never got off the ground.

Now he's redoing his engine, etc. etc. etc.

nice story.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
JeremyG said:
Guys, remember this is the guy talking smack on THIS THREAD about that single turbo setup thingy that obviously never got off the ground.

Now he's redoing his engine, etc. etc. etc.

nice story.

The single turbo setup was not his car. It was a freind of his or some shit like that.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Guys be nice......

We all know that he started off the wrong foot but now its all good.We know he was just trying to make our cars faster and get a little too ambitious to prove his point.

Gilbert,good luck on your rebuilt and the new T66 setup:eek:....that is one big ass turbo you will have in your car.The same turbo in a Supra and it did 700+ @18psi:eek:.....but it won't hit boost until 6K:D

Take care,:)

·
GCtech Motorsports
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did 4 passes 3 on staurday and 1 on sunday, my first pass was [email protected] 14psi and nitrous on first gear (stock turbos) .
the second pass was [email protected] 15psi and nitrous on firts and second then the engine shut down on third gear,
third pass was [email protected] 14psi and nitrous first second and have third gear before i hit fuel cut @5000rpm's...
and then the fourth pass was [email protected] same story 14psi 75shot fuel cut @ 5000rpm's

I just started to tahe the engine apart it looks very good, except for the ripped timing belt:eek:
im going to check the valves for possible damage..

Later
Gilbert
GCT automechanic
racing engineering

·
Registered
689 Posts
The most important thing about the VPC vac line is to make sure it is short. (4" or less) Of course you don't want any leaks either ...

I used to see fuel cut with the VPC about the same place (depending on ambient temp) but only when I was running stock injectors/stock chip.

550cc+chip - no problems.

I would probably not hit the switch between gears either ...

·
GCtech Motorsports
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey 99missile

about the T66 producing boost around 6k sounds about right if im keeping the engine totally stock or notusing nitrous, but on my case im doing head work the correct exhaust manifold tube size, and the bst pat boosting the compression 9.5:1 that will alow for a faster spool up time not to mention that the turbos are ball-bearing and if i still dont get boost quick enough i'll shoot some nitrous around 100 shot direct port will due, so do not doubt about the twin T66 potential if supras can WE CAN TOO!!!!
Inline 6 advantage over a V6 i a better torque curve , but V6 engines can produce more horse power .......

Later
Gilbert
GCT automechanic
racing engineering

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Re: hey 99missile

TTGTOonSteroids said:
about the T66 producing boost around 6k sounds about right if im keeping the engine totally stock or notusing nitrous, but on my case im doing head work the correct exhaust manifold tube size, and the bst pat boosting the compression 9.5:1 that will alow for a faster spool up time not to mention that the turbos are ball-bearing and if i still dont get boost quick enough i'll shoot some nitrous around 100 shot direct port will due, so do not doubt about the twin T66 potential if supras can WE CAN TOO!!!!
Inline 6 advantage over a V6 i a better torque curve , but V6 engines can produce more horse power .......

Later
Gilbert
GCT automechanic
racing engineering
Oh,i know about the NOS.....i'm talking about when you daily drive it....if you at the track there is no problem,NOS will solve everything;)....but you cant hit the NOS everytime you try to take off from the traffic light;).

The twin T66 thats in the supra kicks in at 6K rpm......That supra has a highly modified engine head components,272 cams,valve springs,T retainer,bigger stainless steal valve,port and polish.And plus a hate to admit this but the supra head flows better than our head.....they don't have that much angle on their port from the chamber to the exhaust port so the air goes out faster and less turbulance.I've seen both heads,and believe me if you seen ours and saw theirs too you would be suprise.They're really small compare to ours,even when they're ported and ours are stock,our still look bigger.But its not how big it is,its how fast the air coming in and going out;)

Gilbert- i'm not doubthing you,i hope you can make those turbo works and create a demonly 3/S car.Keep us updated on the rebuilt;)

Take care:)

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
"i did 4 passes 3 on staurday and 1 on sunday, my first pass was [email protected] 14psi and nitrous on first gear (stock turbos) .
the second pass was [email protected] 15psi and nitrous on firts and second then the engine shut down on third gear,
third pass was [email protected] 14psi and nitrous first second and have third gear before i hit fuel cut @5000rpm's...
and then the fourth pass was [email protected] same story 14psi 75shot fuel cut @ 5000rpm's "

****A 12.6 got you to the semi's? Damn, I've never seen slower
than a 12.3 even qualify for quick 8. Must have been a thin field
or tough track. Good luck on the re-build.
Wayne
'95 Pearl Yellow VR4
(12.82 and 107.8 @BPU)
'93 Supra TT HardTop
(11.775 and 120.56 @BPU)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I think thats IDRC event....

The IDRC don't have their quick 8s class like NIRA......they have a street 8(street class with DOT approve tires) most IDRC are on the west coast and NIRA on the east coast,but nowdays both event goes coast to coast too.

12.6 is kind high for semi's.....were you guys running in Palmdale where it has a higher elevation than Pomona track or San Diego( forgot the name of the track):)

Neverless,way to represent:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts