Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking.. how hard would this be? To put at least a 3000GT VR-4 engine in a Galant VR-4... and if the tranny doesn't match up, what about adding in the Getrag 6-speed?

I know Galant VR-4's are decent as is, but that'd be tight to put in a modded 3000GT VR-4 engine into one.. have a 450hp 4-door beast.. hehe.. and AWD, too.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
The G VR-4 uses the same drivetrain as the GSX and Talon TSi. Why mess up a good thing?:p

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
with $1000 in simple mods you can have the stock Galant motor into low 13s, spend a bit more and you'll be in the 12s and its probably more reliable than a 3000GT, dirvetrain wise, at least.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have both..and it won't fit.
Well actually I got my brother a galant vr4 as a gift, but I exmained the two of them and it just won't fit.

·
Registered
500 Posts
A TT 6G72 into a Diamante would be sweet swap. The tranny should bolt right up, since they have the NA 6G72 stock. Nowhere near as light as the GVR4 and no AWD or manual transmission, but an A+ for uniqueness. Tune it up to 450-500hp and suprise the hell out of some people. As long as the tranny would last anywho.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
ECLIPSE GSX 95 and up would fit perfect. all the mounts are same!

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
stealth91es - why would he swap an engine into it that's the same as the one already there?

krb - I am doing the Diamante thing very soon. I happen to have a spare TT engine and old Diamante's can be found cheap. I want to do a dark green or black wagon with no clue on the outside as to what's under the hood. We're going to use a FWD 3kS 5spd tranny.

SilverBullet - there are already several 450+hp Galant VR4's. It just takes a little more work to get there. There's a white one in Beaufort SC that runs 11.80s @ 120 and another in Alabama that's hit 11.30s at similar mph's. I rode in one at the DSM shootout that scared me shitless - he said it trapped at 123 his last time out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts