Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is pouring rain in Austin today. I took my lunch break and had to go run an errand at my church. Well there is a road that is about 60' wide road that is has some nice curves (it is built for semis to go down). There was NOBODY on it today so I opened her up a little and even in the rain she sticks to the road. I LOVE MY CAR!!

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
You should try it in a VR-4. :)

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
M12 said:
Umm...I think rain handling would be mostly the work of the tires that you are running.
True, but with 4 tires providing power at the same time, it *helps* with not only grip, but with the car's resistance to swinging its ass end out. :)

The AWD helps to control the centripetal force as it counteracts with the centrifugal forces.

·
Finally back!
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 245/50-16 on my stock rims. I like them ALOT. It puts more rubber on the road and they just look better.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I was having a blast at pocono once at the track, it would rain, stop, rain some more, rain on 1/2 the track, it was wet all day long & I just blew past everybody. On this 1 hairpin coming down from high speed I was testing the limits & I found them :) The whole car simply slid about 1 ft sideways caught & I gave her the boot & took off like nothing happened. I think any other car would have spun Badly there

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Last time it was pouring rain hard, ppl were driving like 35mph on the freeway... there goes me blasting by everyone at 80mph+... steady as the Titanic (b4 it hit the iceburg)~

·
Registered
76 Posts
I make it a habit of not traveling faster then 2x the traffic ... you do the math :)

The combination of good rubber, power to all 4 wheels, and a bit of rear control on the TT and VR4 makes for killer wet road performance. Our cars have often been reported as "boring" or "basic" when reviewed because they handle so predictably ... point them where you want to go and you almost always get there. In fact many of the reviews when these cars fist came out stated "a good beginner's high performance car;" speaking of the ease of driving and for novice drivers the reduced risk ...

For those that still want to try to keep over 400hp on the ground in a traditional rear drive without spinning when they erroneously let up in the corner ... all I can say is: just get out of the way when you see me behind you :)

PS: I still love to drift rear drive machines ... but that's not how you win a race.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I like kicking my SL's tail out in certain places when it's raining. I got the same psi on all 4 tires and a brand new pair in the front, so that helps.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I wanted to prove that rain does not affect the vr4, so I took Marshall (tampa) and marvic (superc) for a ride one day in the rain. I tried and tried but could not get the tires to break loose.

I remember back in my dumb childhood days it was raining really hard. I got the bright idea that I would see how fast I could pass everybody :D I got up to 140 in a 55 and was passing all the cars (2 lane road). I wonder what that looked like hehehe.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Put some bald tires on the car...

I've got bald tires on my TT right now, it was raining the other day and with a blip of the thorttle and a turn of the wheel I easily got the car to slide sideways and drift in the rain!....only 6psi of boost too heh :)

·
2,994 Posts
AmkreadGTO said:
Last time it was pouring rain hard, ppl were driving like 35mph on the freeway... there goes me blasting by everyone at 80mph+... steady as the Titanic (b4 it hit the iceburg)~
been there, done that. Lots of fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts