Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a check engine light while driving home made it back no problems at all I couldn't tell if anything was wrong, I then turned it off and attempted to restart abut no luck just infinite cranking. I have tried a new cpu to no luck its a 1994 Manuel so it has the weird part OBD1/2 thing which I don't have the scanner to read. I think do to my research online it is a crank sensor that has wither gone bad or it is sending the wrong signals tot he cpu. I found a video on YouTube of someone with the same problem any help will be appreciated Thanks.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,008 Posts
....... I have tried a new cpu to no luck.......
CPU?? You were able to replace central processing unit in ECU?

Pull code by grounding pin 1 of data connector (see picture). Check engine light should flash, long flashes equal 10 and short flashes equal 1. Example 2 long flashes and 2 short flashes = 22. There should be pause between flashes before repeating them selves and you could have more than one code stored.
94-95 Data connector.JPG
Clink on image to expand

·
Registered
938 Posts
Man, how come when these cars go bad it’s like freak of nature stuff lol. They are 110%ers. Timing and hopefully it’s not trying to compress a liquid Is all I can think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts