Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I got interviewed sunday about my car, ignore the jester being a knock off reference hahah could not think of the word, clone would have been better.. but This is a good video to show off my Victor Racing wing. I was going to make my own video about it, but this does it good justice. I HATE seeing myself on video, way to kill your self esteem! but, enjoy

-Russ

·
Money pit owner.
2,715 Posts
I think that wing looks awesome.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that wing looks awesome.
Thanks! I really wanted a combat wing to complete the 99 look, but when I saw the wing at SEMA last year I fell in love And, I enjoy being different. When I finally put it on, I was not too happy with it, and regretted it for like 2 weeks, and then I got used to it, and now love it haha, Kinda like a haircut I guess. Not my style to have a big wing, but keeping the active aero is amazing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks awesome! Did you ever have it re-sprayed or is that the original paint?
Thanks! the car I am assuming? haha The car was dark green, the PO put the 99 parts on it, and had it painted red. Its got scratches and such, but it looks really good. My friend calls it Retina burning red. My car got picked as a VIP car for a super street car show last weekend, so I just got done using compound on the whole car, did not get time to polish it, but it really brought the color back.

·
Money pit owner.
2,715 Posts
Not my style to have a big wing, but keeping the active aero is amazing.
oh, so that wing even uses the factory active aero? that makes it even more awesome! lol

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,539 Posts
Very very cool!

On a personal level - oh crap! Now I won't be the first one to have an AA real rear wing (haven't made it yet, but have been doodling designs). I can make mine look better though, and I question how that linkage will hold up to the down forces at 150-160 mph. I haven't researched it yet but I'm sure VR has tested it to at least 120 mph.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Definitely cool!
I was wondering about the uprights too. Usually you see those with more of a truss/ladder design, not completely open. Although they look strong. Would wonder about reaction time on the air brake, but now I'm just being critical. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh, so that wing even uses the factory active aero? that makes it even more awesome! lol
No, it has its own CPU... It goes off of GPS. it has 5 different speeds you can adjust the angle.. so you can shoose for it to move at 10mph..again at 15 etc etc and it also has an Accelerometer, and Gyroscope sensors for the air brake. So if you set it to.6 G force..when you hit the brakes hard enough it activates.

Watch the link, I explain it in the video

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very very cool!

On a personal level - oh crap! Now I won't be the first one to have an AA real rear wing (haven't made it yet, but have been doodling designs). I can make mine look better though, and I question how that linkage will hold up to the down forces at 150-160 mph. I haven't researched it yet but I'm sure VR has tested it to at least 120 mph.
correct, they actually over engineered it to handle more force than the wing could ever see. They talk about it on there website. They also have a kit to make your current Large wing into an active wing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definitely cool!
I was wondering about the uprights too. Usually you see those with more of a truss/ladder design, not completely open. Although they look strong. Would wonder about reaction time on the air brake, but now I'm just being critical. :)
They seem very strong, and they said they over engineered every part of the kit, and many racing teams are now using these kits, its just sooo early, but they will be on lots of pro cars in the future. The air brake is great...figure if you are already going 70mph its already angled up, so when the air brake gets activated it does not have to mode for then 25% more, so it is very quick, if you search on instagram, there is a blue viper that also has my kit. He has a video of him driving in the mountains, and you can see it in action, its a quick clip.

And what I love about the air brake.. it stay in air brake mode untill you increase speed again or stop. So, it goes up and will stay up even if I let off the brakes and coast, but even if you increase your speed 1 mph, it will drop back down for the angle for that speed

·
Money pit owner.
2,715 Posts
I really like it but it seems to me that there would be flex in the rear hatch metal if the wing put on to much downforce.

Nice engine bay too! lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like it but it seems to me that there would be flex in the rear hatch metal if the wing put on to much downforce.

Nice engine bay too! lol
Thanks! lots of spray paint! hahaha

Yes, that is a concern of mine also, as the wing angle gets more and more aggressive at the higher speeds. I actually thought adjusting it go lower at like 85 to help with that. I have not gone over 80 yet with it (I dont think? ) and have had no problems yet.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I just wish products like this would publish more technical data on drag and downforce. Looking at it, I'd be guessing if it worked aerodynamically, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts