Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the NBC World News last night, they were talking about a crazy snow storm in South Dekota. Then showed a Red 3000 stuck in a snow drift, trying to get out. Looked like a 2nd gen, not sure if it was a VR4 or not. Anyone on this list? :)

Sean

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
No it was a SL because they showed that only the front tires were spinning, they wouldn’t have been stuck if it was a VR4, with AWD.;)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Actually Dave that's probably exactly who would be stuck because they thought they could handle all weather even snow and ice at 80MPH, kinda like all the 4WD SUVs around here ;)

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
I had a friend at work mention that news item today. His girlfriend told him - "Hey, that looks like Dave's car!"

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
naa, our AWD cars get around better in the snow than most 4wd SUVs out there..I've seen a couple suv's and 4x4's stuck in snow drifts and i just motor right by 'em..
hell, some guys on this board have used their VR-4's to pull 4wd suv's outa the drifts (not sumthin i'd do, but hey, it sure makes dumb suv owners feel even dumber =))

*mounts up the snow tires* Bring on the bad weather, baby!

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

·
3/S car dealer/mechanic
460 Posts
I have to admitt I have used my stealth for uses other than intended. I bought a 92 talon with no motor that was parked in someone's yard and well I didn't think the wrecker could easily get in there to get it so I used the trusty stealth and a towstrap :) but that wasn't really anything at all I am sure one 7k launch is way worse than towing a car a few 100 feet. I don't think I have it in my to put a hitch on the stealth to tow my bike but if I ever get down to having it for an only car I may have to:eek: Thankfully I have a 92 TSI AWD for a winter car so the stealth can get some rest over the long cold winter:)

·
Mod O' Day Pron
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey Guys

:( Sounds like the NBC news cast posted some one not on this list/club. I have another thread to post, some thing on the down side. But, thanks for the replies anyways, just thought it was interesting.
My father pulled a cop car out of a ditch in his 93 VR4 on the PA turnpike a couple years ago, while on a business trip up North. Kind of funny :) Time to go post the new thread titled: "Pop's got into a wreck in his VR4, Question"

Sean

·
Registered
997 Posts
Heh, i helped pull an Explorer off an ice patch last winter with the Talon. The guy conviently kept a chain in the back to pull stupid kids out of ditches during snow storms... Guy was an idiot. He was surprised the frame of my "mustang" could handle the stress...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts