Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right now Ive got my car for sale on Ebay, Ive got over 500 Emails asking questions about parts and shops. The # 1 and 2 questions I have recived though have been about my Manual CD and Stainless steel intake.

So if the sellers of these items are reading this you may want to start selling your items on Ebay in dutch auctions. Just a word of advise, not everyone who owns one of these cars has been to this web site. But in all my Emails Ive tried to steer them here.

Heres the links to the CD, intake and my car!:D

Manual CD

Stainless steel intake

Nitrous! :eek: :D

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
The manual cds were on their at one time or another.

-Jeff

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got 6 more emails about the CD this morning, and 3 more about the intake. :eek:

Have any of you had problems like this while selling your car? I have had people ask me to stop the auction and hold my car for them. And Ive told a few of them that Im holding it for them. (just for shits and giggles) within two days of me telling them I wouldnt sell my car to anyone else, they call me back. "Sorry I cant buy your car" I cant get financing, or my Bronco hasnt sold yet!

Please tell me Im not the only one dealing with these people?
:(

·
Registered
405 Posts
Problems Selling Your Car

I've had similar problems, when I was selling my $800 beater a couple of years ago. Here's they work you: They agree to buy the car, give you a "deposit" and say they will be back in a day to get the rest of the money. Then, unknowingly to you, they shop another car looking for a better one, while yours is held for them while being tied up with "sale". If your sales contract has no time limit, they can keep you in "deposit" mode until they please. If they've found a better ride, they come back to you with their hard luck story that they don't have the money and want their deposit back. Fortunately I made the first "buyer" sign a contract and I kept the deposit when he bailed on me. I'm not a lawyer, but legally he was probably liable for the entire amount. I sold it to the second buyer for cash only, although he did try to give me a personal out-of-state check at first. (Oh yeah - right , I said cash)

I wouldn't think you get the same type of "scammers" when selling a 3S compared to a sub-$1000 beater, but you never know. Be prepared. Won't hurt to try to check out your buyers and ask how they will pay.

Perry

Good Luck

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive gave myself a little insurance, Ebay contracts are legally binding. So if they are the high bidder on your car they have to pay or be sued. And in my payment stipulations I ask for a non refundable 5% down within 3 days and the remaining to be paid within 5. That keeps some of the losers away! :D :rolleyes:

·
Crazy Member
592 Posts
The only reasons I don't sell on ebay is:

A: It's supposed to be only a supplement to your paper manuals

B: Ebay's terms of use stipulate that you can't sell CD-R's or "backup copies" of software.

C: Ebay is sort of outside the 3/S community, this is a small time thing, I don't want it to interfere with my job and other things.

There are people that sell them from time to time... one or two, I don't care... but there are others that sell them constantly, sometimes 5+ auctions a week. Then I get people emailing ME, how come they paid $50+, or their CD doesn't work nor does it have a label. I have had to replace 4 "fake" cd's now, lol! The bidder's don't know any better.

Here is a seller of more than one of my CD's, for more than what they are sold for from my site!

Another one... for $45???

:cool:

Thanks for buying it Hollywood, good luck with selling your car. Unfortunately, I too had to sell my 92 Stealth RT/TT for around 8000$ a few months ago... not enough money to pay for a new WRX AND the stealth :(

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
Vinny do you still sell the CD's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts