Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
Nice Ray... this is definately the direction I will be taking my car in the near future. Big turbos + bigger displacement= balla:)
16g'd 3000 that spools up like it has 9b's on it... can't wait:cool:
-Steve
Why not some 20g's, the displacment should take care of the low end thrust all by itself.

I figure a 3.5 with the heads and cam treatment would spool up 20g's better than a 3.0 litre would spool up 16g's.

Not to mention make more power.

·
SOHC you in the FACE
5,762 Posts
So this is a much better choice then line boring the mains to fit the 74? (im guessing there would be other annoying clearance issues).

And just as strong? Im guessing you are saying it will be just as strong because of the huge radius you are going with between the journals and fillets.

Since its not flexing we dont need bigger mains because the load will be on all 4 mains rather then the center two?

·
Banned
418 Posts
Ray,

Any time frame on these? I'm interested...but I would need one asap :)

·
"The Fisherman"
11,787 Posts
shoot.. looks like i ordered my 3.1l a couple of months too soon:p maybe next time.. sounds awesome ray.
hahah, it's funny how guys with the forged 3.0L engines are the ones that want to upgrade again :p

Can't wait to see your resutls Ray. This is what I want to do down the road as well once I get "tired" of my built 3.0 liter :)

·
Boosted every day
821 Posts
So, 4900-5500 complete shortblock? Any core charge?

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Damn you Ray. I just got the machine work done for a 3.53l 6g74 with your pistons/rods and now you come up with this crazy idea. Hmm... trade in credit? Hahaha...

Does this new setup use existing 6g72 piston designs?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
still waiting on my price breakdown ;)
what kinda work is required on the block??
some grinding has to be done to the block. i will have rotating assys for sale after i get these orders i have out..including mine:)

im actually real excited about these. its gonna be a great deal. obviously i want my billet stroker but this is cheaper

·
SIG FOR RENT!!!
2,292 Posts
some grinding has to be done to the block. i will have rotating assys for sale after i get these orders i have out..including mine:)

im actually real excited about these. its gonna be a great deal. obviously i want my billet stroker but this is cheaper

These things will sell like hot cakes at 5k a piece, I know I am going this route next winter:muahaha:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
can't wait to see what kind of numbers it can put down with out flexing the crank. Ray when do you think you'll dyno your car?
yes i will..and ofcourse ill race it. the physics of it is real simple. take a larger diameter crank with larger main radius, cross section and rod pin and it will be stronger than the same material crank but smaller. its like a stock 18 vs 25 spline. the 25 is stronger because its larger but an 18 in 300M is stronger yet..thats my 3.5-7 billet kit that Matt is running.

in other words, it will withstand more power than a 72 and will be able to produce more also. its really not a wait and see game. it will withstand more by the % that it is larger

·
Banned
697 Posts
Ray, in your other thread, you were discussing the use of the mivec heads on a 72, will you be using them on this application?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Ray, have you thought about line boring the block to fit the larger diameter crank?

The answer as to why not might be obvious, but it was just a thought.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
it looks like im gonna do quite the batch. im upping the rod order..that should help pricing some.

i dont plan on using mivec heads on mine.. you can but im just not.

you can line bore it for the crank but the cost would be huge. cutting in the tabs and the upper oil galley knotch would be hell. cutting the crank this way i did really worked out awsome! it is no weaker than it was because the cross sectional area due to the big radius is left.

i am real happy with the design. enough that it made me scrap my 3.8 mivec deal.

41 - 60 of 350 Posts